2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is the primary driver of our van and when I drive I frequently forget to plug it in when we get home. I used a smart outlet and created a Smartthings notification to confirm it's charging. Hopefully this helps me remember.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use smartthings too! I was trying to find a way to integrate it with the uconnect system but couldn't figure out anything. I currently use uconnect to get notifications about the car being plugged in, charging rate and when its complete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use smartthings too! I was trying to find a way to integrate it with the uconnect system but couldn't figure out anything. I currently use uconnect to get notifications about the car being plugged in, charging rate and when its complete.

I've been avoiding the U-Connect app... After learning it will cost over $20/month or whatever after a year, I don't even want to get comfortable using it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That’s why I bought a emotorworks juice box pro 40 for the garage and a ChargePoint to throw in back of the van on trips . Get the app hook it up and boom everything at your finger tips .

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ya, I just deleted uconnect app from my phone. It only worked half of the year I had access to it, and even then it only half worked and intermittently at that.

I went with a chargepoint home charger. You can set a reminder to plug in notification for a certain time of day to remind you to plugin if it sees that you haven't already.

You can also get notification when it thinks you're full, set up a charging schedule, and quickly override that schedule if you need a charge outside of the cheapest time-of-use rates. Has proven useful on a couple of occasions.

Pretty cool that you've found a workaround that works for you though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great advice, I think $20 a month is steep for something that is charging at home (mostly) an really isn't telling you much. I'll take a look at the emotorworks juice box pro 40 and chargepoint home charger =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts