2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

What's your average weather temp when you had an electric heater fail?

• Below Freezer Cold (Anything below 0 F or -18 C)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Really Cold (20 to 0F or -7 to -17C)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Cold (40-21F or 4C to -6C)

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Tropical Cold (Above 40F or 4.5C)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • My Heater Hasn't Failed (typo)

Votes: 18 45.0%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
And just like that, started working normally again.

Went from this during the hour/35 miles of driving beforehand:
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

To this, after a 5 minute remote start:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Steering part

Drove just fine Wednesday.
Charged at 6 am Thursday, then sat all day.

Drove this morning about 10 miles to a drive-thru for food, but used no electric heat - it Pittman preconditioned for about 3 minutes before leaving (my wife is a poor planner, lol) and did draw power from the L2 charger, so I presume the heater was briefly working.

Pittman preconditioned for about 10 minutes this afternoon. It used wall power and was heating the cabin when we got in. The engine immediately fired up when I started it (didn't expect it to considering it was 40 degrees outside, and parked in the garage). Engine behaved erratically (on/off) and 0 kW climate heat. Drove 3 miles, and shut off/parked for 15 minutes. I also manually rebooted the uConnect at this time (hold power+tuning knobs).

Drove another 30 miles/30 minutes and never got any electric heat, but the engine did periodically shut off until it needed to build heat in the coolant loop again. Parked for about an hour while we ate at a restaurant (1st photo).

Remote started via uConnect. Was putting out plenty of heat when we got in the vehicle. Checked climate screen and took the 2nd photo. Operated completely normal the entire drive home.

I wonder if Pittman preconditioning is causing issues? But I have used it numerous times in the last 2 weeks since we picked up the vehicle and haven't had an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Mine has been fine since my previous post. Very cold here, I don't precondition, and the pending codes have cleared themselves. Software issue as previously stated.

Gadget Font Electric blue Multimedia Screenshot

·
Registered
228 Posts
More info:

Tried Pittman conditioning again. Worked for 10 minutes, then the electric heater stopped working. I manually cycled the ignition again, and still had 0 kW heat output.

I unplugged the cable, and remote started the van via uConnect - electric heat immediately started working, but I had a CEL... drove fine the rest of the time on battery after the engine did it's initial warm-up and continued using electric heat.

On that note, another anomaly has been remote start in general. It has never worked for more than a few minutes before shutting off and giving a remote start disabled error message in the cluster for no apparent reason.

Speedometer Car Gauge Vehicle Steering part

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Gadget Font Screenshot Electronic device Display device

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a check engine light too

2021 Hybrid Limited
Build date 12/2020
7750 miles
Was garaged for most of the winter
Took it out today in18 degree temps
Everything was ok during the initial 15 mile drive
Parked the van for 2.5 hours
On my return drive back I got a CEL within about 2 miles. Went to the hybrid menu and the climate was drawing 0kw power...
Guess Ill have to call the dealer next week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a check engine light too

2021 Hybrid Limited
Build date 12/2020
7750 miles
Was garaged for most of the winter
Took it out today in18 degree temps
Everything was ok during the initial 15 mile drive
Parked the van for 2.5 hours
On my return drive back I got a CEL within about 2 miles. Went to the hybrid menu and the climate was drawing 0kw power...
Guess Ill have to call the dealer next week.
I went out and started it up after about 30 minutes and the CEL was still on, but the climate was drawing from the battery.
Once I get it in for a service appt ill post the findings.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Still having intermittent issues here. This morning was the first time it failed to precondition via schedule, and didn't use electric heat during the drive.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts