2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Pacifica has very poor radio reception in both AM and FM. Is this a common problem? It sounds and works fine when you are near the transmitting tower. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is nothing I would want on AM radio, so I can't comment on that, but FM and even XM drop a LOT. On even a short drive FM stations drop out and you have to find another. XM drops in brief spurts - which surprised me, I wasn't expecting gaps in XM reception.
Wife likes the radio, I just go to the memory stick I put over 350 songs on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is nothing I would want on AM radio, so I can't comment on that, but FM and even XM drop a LOT. On even a short drive FM stations drop out and you have to find another. XM drops in brief spurts - which surprised me, I wasn't expecting gaps in XM reception.
Wife likes the radio, I just go to the memory stick I put over 350 songs on.
I usually listen to XM. I experience drops when I'm near large buildings or close to trees that overhang the road. My Pacifica seems more sensitive to signal loss than her X3. That may be a function of antenna placement/quality.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My 2017 Pacifica has very poor radio reception in both AM and FM. Is this a common problem? It sounds and works fine when you are near the transmitting tower. Anyone have a solution to this problem?
Actually I’ve found my am/fm reception well, above average. I have more problems with SiriusXM when close to ever medium/small buildings. We often travel several hours to visit family and never had a problem with am/fm reception

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually I’ve found my am/fm reception well, above average. I have more problems with SiriusXM when close to ever medium/small buildings. We often travel several hours to visit family and never had a problem with am/fm reception
You may be closer to a transmitter.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyone know where the antenna is located? The Pac reception is definitely weaker than my last car. That Ford had a 6 inch aerial on the roof shark fin. I regularly drive out of Dallas heading southwest. The Ford could hold KXT or KERA for 20-30 miles longer than the Pac. Not that big a deal, but better reception sure would be nice to have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our limited has excellent hd fm reception compared to our brand new camry. I can hardly ever get hd fm on it. Parked side by side, the pac would play hd fm all day long, camry keeps going on and off hd very annoying :surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts