2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for what others have done to upgrade the headlights, specifically those with reflectors or projector halogens, not those who already have Limiteds with HID's.

Cheap "Blue Bulbs"?

Expensive "Blue Bulbs"?

LED?

HID?

Pros? Cons?

Now that I have the 5000K LED fogs, the Philips Bulbs aren't a match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the reflector housings and replaced the factory bulbs with silverstar ultras. Definately brighter and a shade whiter, but still no HID in a projector!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, I tried a couple of the cheap LED's some of the other members have used. For me, they're all a bust for one reason or another. Flickering at all or not being able to put the factory dust cover back on is a deal breaker. The only thing I found that meets these requirements are these V-LED's Micro series bulbs. They are designed to fit behind the factory cover without overheating. Beam pattern is excellent although they are not as bright as the one Amazon bulb set I tried but they were too big to put the cover on. Expensive, but 2 year warranty that I know these guys will honor. The one pic is the stock bulb VS one LED, the other with both installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I tried a couple of the cheap LED's some of the other members have used. For me, they're all a bust for one reason or another. Flickering at all or not being able to put the factory dust cover back on is a deal breaker. The only thing I found that meets these requirements are these V-LED's Micro series bulbs. They are designed to fit behind the factory cover without overheating. Beam pattern is excellent although they are not as bright as the one Amazon bulb set I tried but they were too big to put the cover on. Expensive, but 2 year warranty that I know these guys will honor. The one pic is the stock bulb VS one LED, the other with both installed.
Hey there, I was curious, it's been over a year, have the LED's held up? I'm thinking of upgrading my halogens to LED. There doesn't seem to be too may economic options for upgrading the halogens without irreversible modifications to the housing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought diode dynamics 9005 for my 2019 Touring L Plus and they look great and visibility is awesome. Much improved over stock halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have 9011 bulbs on my desk, haven't gotten around to putting them in yet though.
I’ve done the 9011s and they were a bit better, but burned out under 2 years. I ended up putting the originals back in and they are not nice. The 9011s were a bit brighter, but I think that’s what led to their early demise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there, I was curious, it's been over a year, have the LED's held up? I'm thinking of upgrading my halogens to LED. There doesn't seem to be too may economic options for upgrading the halogens without irreversible modifications to the housing.
Sorry I don't get on this forum much anymore. The V-LED's are still working like new. Zero issues or errors. Side by side with a Limited they are very close to the factory HID in looks and output. A little higher color temp than the factory HID but close to the same output and beam pattern. No complaints.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello does anyone have instructions, details on how to change driver side low beam , HD headlights Philips d3s xenon hid bulb. The cover appears easy to get off but having trouble finding info on removing and replacing the bulb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts