2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thinking more about it, it kind of makes sense. People come to a used car lot looking for a "minivan" or a "family vehicle". They don't even think about the tax credit in this context. PacHy is competitive to any other minivan of similar age and price, and on the surface, it looks like a great buy. On the other hand, most of the EV shoppers are aware of the tax implications and know better than to overpay for a used car. They also assume that the technology is rapidly advancing further devaluing older cars. Carvana is offering $15k for my 2018 BMW i3 with 16k miles and MSRP close to $50k (My actual cost was less than $30k after discounts and tax credit).

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited S-Package
4 Posts
I was able to find a 2021 limited with the tri-pane sunroof included with the theater family group, Safety sphere group & S-appearance package.

MSRP: $52,845
Dealer Discount - $4,580
Chrysler rebates - $4,750 ( $3000 Retail cash back + $750 (20CM5 ) + $1000 Chrysler email incentive) . Wanted 0% incentive so i skipped the $2k bonus cash
My state has no special incentives for hybrids & No other addons on the vehicle
Fees - Dealer doc fees - 300
Total before tax - $43,815

I am very happy with the van, thanks a lot for this forum to help me a good price.

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited S
34 Posts
Locked mine in on 4/21. I disclosed some details in another thread but now that it's official here's where everything landed...

2021 Limited Hybrid
S Appearance Package, Uconnect Theatre, Premium and Safety Sphere, Tri-pane Sunroof (standard).

MSRP: $52,225
Dealer/Supplier discounts: -$3,488
Chrysler rebates: -$7,500 ($3,000, $2,000, $1,000, $750, $750)
Total before taxes/fees: $41,237
Taxes/fees: +$3,882.57
OTD: $45,119.57

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
15 Posts
I am in So. Cal. and wanted to replace our 2014 Honda Odyssey that has peeling white paint, which i believe that Honda might pay for the repaint as it is still inside their 7 year extended paint warranty. But, no guarantee on that. As soon as it is repainted, will be selling it. Just picked up the Chrysler Pacifica Limited, and the details are below.

1. Sticker Price (MSRP) - $54,500 (has the Uconnect® Theater Family Group, Premium and Safety Sphere Group and Tri–Pane Panoramic Sunroof)
  2. Dealer discount - $3,678 (was listed on their website)
  3. Sale price - $50,822
  4. Rebates. - $6,750 ($3,000 + $2,000 (not taking the 0%) + $750 (financed through Chrysler Capital) + $1,000 (direct mailer)
  5. Additional coupons - $1,500 (California Clean Fuel Reward)
  6. Discounted price - $48,150.92.
Now the add-ons.
  1. Accessories, extended warranties, paint protection, premium floor mats - $2,045 (Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan - 8 yr / 100K with $100 deductible - matched Zeigler)
  2. Dealer Processing (Doc) Fee - $85
  3. Sales tax - $4,836.17
  4. Tags and title - 657.75
Got a better offer from a dealer in No. Cal. with dealer discount of $4,512. This would require me to fly out there, and have a 6 hour drive back. The dealer that I purchased from is 10 - 15 minutes away from my home (closest Chrysler dealer), and was really easy to work with. So, I went with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am in So. Cal. and wanted to replace our 2014 Honda Odyssey that has peeling white paint, which i believe that Honda might pay for the repaint as it is still inside their 7 year extended paint warranty. But, no guarantee on that. As soon as it is repainted, will be selling it. Just picked up the Chrysler Pacifica Limited, and the details are below.

1. Sticker Price (MSRP) - $54,500 (has the Uconnect® Theater Family Group, Premium and Safety Sphere Group and Tri–Pane Panoramic Sunroof)
Just curious - how is it that a limited costs more than a Pinnacle?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Because Chrysler's pricing structure sucks. They used to include the sunroof with the Limited for free, now they charge $3000 more. That's why you see loaded Limited for $54k+. There are some loaded that are $52k that had the free sunroof so look at the window sticker.

Reactions: irpilot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Because Chrysler's pricing structure sucks. They used to include the sunroof with the Limited for free, now they charge $3000 more. That's why you see loaded Limited for $54k+. There are some loaded that are $52k that had the free sunroof so look at the window sticker.
I assume a loaded limited is pretty much the same as a pinnacle sans the leather and aluminum trim around the buttons?

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
I assume a loaded limited is pretty much the same as a pinnacle sans the leather and aluminum trim around the buttons?
Yep exactly, basically if you don't like the orange leather in the Pinnacle (or can't find one for a reasonable price), your SOL.
Maybe 2022 models will offer more options but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put a deposit for a special order on a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
Fathom Blue Pearl-Coat
Added S Appearance Package (hated it was the only way to get an all dark interior)

$44,685 Selling Price (including Destination)
-3,826 Dealer Discounts
-5,750 Chrysler Incentives
- 500 TrueCar
======
$34,609 Total Purchase
-7,500 Federal Tax Credit (we'll net all of it based on our current taxes)
======
$27,109 Net Price after next years tax rebate

Our tax, title, and fees for the curious are $3332.54 (Maryland)

Probably wouldn't have bought it were it not for the tax credits, Chrysler incentives, and a decent dealer discount. Hard to pass up on a $45K car for a net $27K. Shame some people aren't doing their homework, 'cause people are paying that kind of money for used ones at places like CarMax.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Just put a deposit for a special order on a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
Fathom Blue Pearl-Coat
Added S Appearance Package (hated it was the only way to get an all dark interior)

$44,685 Selling Price (including Destination)
-3,826 Dealer Discounts
-5,750 Chrysler Incentives
- 500 TrueCar
======
$34,609 Total Purchase
-7,500 Federal Tax Credit (we'll net all of it based on our current taxes)
======
$27,109 Net Price after next years tax rebate

Our tax, title, and fees for the curious are $3332.54 (Maryland)

Probably wouldn't have bought it were it not for the tax credits, Chrysler incentives, and a decent dealer discount. Hard to pass up on a $45K car for a net $27K. Shame some people aren't doing their homework, 'cause people are paying that kind of money for used ones at places like CarMax.
They give you any indication as to how long that special order is going to take? I though 2020 factory orders were closed? (Maybe not now that the lines will be running again?)

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
This forum is amazing as always. Found about the 1k direct mailer when I started shopping.

2021 Limited hybrid
Sticker Price (MSRP) - $52625 (Uconnect® Theater Family Group, Premium and Safety Sphere Group, Tri–Pane Panoramic Sunroof and S package)
Dealer discount - $4396 (was listed on their website)
Rebates. - $7,750 ($3,000 + $2,000 + 1000 + $750 (financed through Chrysler Capital) + $1,000 (direct mailer)
Discounted price - $40,479.00
Add-ons tinted windows and wheel locks -$495.00
Total $40974.00 +TTL
Sales tax - $2560.88
Tags, title and doc fees - $476.37
$44011.25 out the door.

Reactions: OctaveUp110

·
Registered
3 Posts
They give you any indication as to how long that special order is going to take? I though 2020 factory orders were closed? (Maybe not now that the lines will be running again?)
Our order and deposit was signed for on April 26. Normally the dealer would have an estimated off the (manufacturing) line date a day or two after entering the order into the system. But the microchip shortage has idled the Windsor, Canadian plant where the Pacifica Hybrids are made. So we won’t get a off the line date until Windsor IS up again. The shutdown was originally going to be just 3 weeks in April, got extended to 4 weeks to May 3, but was recently extended yet again to May 10. And with the chip shortage affecting the entire industry across pretty much all makes and models, we won’t be surprised May 10th gets extended too.

Fortunately for us, we can let things ride for awhile longer. According to our dealer, our current incentives are locked in - in fact, they can only go up (if Chrysler were to up the ante in any way before we take actual delivery). And we have two perfectly good cars (a Prius V and a Lexus ES 300h) to see us though the wait.

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
Our order and deposit was signed for on April 26. Normally the dealer would have an estimated off the (manufacturing) line date a day or two after entering the order into the system. But the microchip shortage has idled the Windsor, Canadian plant where the Pacifica Hybrids are made. So we won’t get a off the line date until Windsor IS up again. The shutdown was originally going to be just 3 weeks in April, got extended to 4 weeks to May 3, but was recently extended yet again to May 10. And with the chip shortage affecting the entire industry across pretty much all makes and models, we won’t be surprised May 10th gets extended too.

Fortunately for us, we can let things ride for awhile longer. According to our dealer, our current incentives are locked in - in fact, they can only go up (if Chrysler were to up the ante in any way before we take actual delivery). And we have two perfectly good cars (a Prius V and a Lexus ES 300h) to see us though the wait.
I've always been under the impression that you either lock in your rebates or lose them and wait to see what's available when your van is delivered? I'm guessing new incentives are going to be worse until all the shortages are resolved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've always been under the impression that you either lock in your rebates or lose them and wait to see what's available when your van is delivered? I'm guessing new incentives are going to be worse until all the shortages are resolved.
I have little doubt that dealers will generally say what they need to say to get, then keep a deal until you are driving it off the lot. Presale, it's "better act now or lose...". Sale signed, but pending, it's "don't worry, you're locked in." In the case of a special order, you're in a twilight zone. We have a $1,000, fully refundable, deposit down, which gets the vehicle ordering process started. But if any part of our deal goes sideways, including any loss of incentives, wrong color, missing or unwanted add ons at the last minute, but especially any loss of incentives (for any reason), we'd pull the plug on the deal - and this place knows it. So there's no advantage I can see in stringing us along. However, this is the car business, so it is forever Caveat Emptor! We'll be sure to update our post as our order gets confirmed and, hopefully, delivered with out a hitch. (literally, without a hitch... PacHy buyers should not get confused by the brochure, PacHy can't tow!)

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
I have little doubt that dealers will generally say what they need to say to get, then keep a deal until you are driving it off the lot. Presale, it's "better act now or lose...". Sale signed, but pending, it's "don't worry, you're locked in." In the case of a special order, you're in a twilight zone. We have a $1,000, fully refundable, deposit down, which gets the vehicle ordering process started. But if any part of our deal goes sideways, including any loss of incentives, wrong color, missing or unwanted add ons at the last minute, but especially any loss of incentives (for any reason), we'd pull the plug on the deal - and this place knows it. So there's no advantage I can see in stringing us along. However, this is the car business, so it is forever Caveat Emptor! We'll be sure to update our post as our order gets confirmed and, hopefully, delivered with out a hitch. (literally, without a hitch... PacHy buyers should not get confused by the brochure, PacHy can't tow!)
Excellent. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This forum is amazing as always. Found about the 1k direct mailer when I started shopping.

2021 Limited hybrid
Sticker Price (MSRP) - $52625 (Uconnect® Theater Family Group, Premium and Safety Sphere Group, Tri–Pane Panoramic Sunroof and S package)
Dealer discount - $4396 (was listed on their website)
Rebates. - $7,750 ($3,000 + $2,000 + 1000 + $750 (financed through Chrysler Capital) + $1,000 (direct mailer)
Discounted price - $40,479.00
Add-ons tinted windows and wheel locks -$495.00
Total $40974.00 +TTL
Sales tax - $2560.88
Tags, title and doc fees - $476.37
$44011.25 out the door.
What is the $1000 rebate (not the mailer)?

Which dealership?

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
36 Posts
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with S Appearance Package
  1. Sticker Price - $48,385
  2. Dealer discount - $2910
  3. Sale price (Total Price - Dealer Discount) - $45,475
  4. Rebates - $7250
  5. Chrysler email list coupon - $1000
  6. Discounted price (Sale Price - The sum of all rebates) - $37,225
  7. Post purchase rebates (CVRP and Federal Tax Credit) - $8500
  8. After post purchase rebates - $28,725
Now the add-ons.
  1. Extended Warranty - $2395 (later refunded after sale as Chrysler gave me a warranty for my previous lemon)
  2. Dealer Processing Fee - $115
  3. Sales tax - $4328.20
  4. Tags and title - $593.75
The first vehicle I purchased was even cheaper. I didn't want the S package, but after a lemon buyback on the first vehicle it was the only semi-comparable replacement the dealership could find given the chip shortage. So cost me an extra ~$1200.

First time negotiating prices on a new vehicle. How did I do?

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah, when we discovered that little factoid we decide to go for the Pinnacle.

I would have been happy without the tri-roof, but then again: hey, Pinnacle pricing effectively gives me a free tri-roof. I'll take it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
And a (slightly) different center console.

Me, I wanted blue with a mocha interior. My wife liked the general idea, but on paper thought she'd like the caramel interior better. When she saw it, that confirmed it for her--she liked caramel. So, Pinnacle it was.

And, at the same price as the Limited that did NOT have the tri-roof. That was crazy, but I don't own the company and make the pricing.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts