2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just put a deposit for a special order on a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
They're taking orders now?

And Truecar: don't forget the Truecar financing. I found out at Penfed, they would happily take my 1.99% down to 1.24% if I bought from a Truecar dealer. And in fact, I think I could have filled out that paperwork after the fact. Penfed's buying service is actually Truecar, but they don't make you go through their web site to find the car. As long as it's a Truecar dealer, you can get the rate adjusted down 0.75%.

(Turned out to be a moot point for me. Once the sales manager realized that I wasn't 6.99% Bubba looking for a 96 month payment, that I was calculating the differences from 1.99 to 1.24 against 48 or 60 months and making decisions on that basis, and also that I was pretty much able to just pay cash for the car if I wanted--he found Chrysler Capital financing at a straight 0% against the bottom line price that included the $5000 Chrysler cash on the hood.)

·
Registered
69 Posts
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with S Appearance Package
  1. Sticker Price - $48,385
  2. Dealer discount - $2910
  3. Sale price (Total Price - Dealer Discount) - $45,475
  4. Rebates - $7250
  5. Chrysler email list coupon - $1000
  6. Discounted price (Sale Price - The sum of all rebates) - $37,225
  7. Post purchase rebates (CVRP and Federal Tax Credit) - $8500
  8. After post purchase rebates - $28,725
Now the add-ons.
  1. Extended Warranty - $2395 (later refunded after sale as Chrysler gave me a warranty for my previous lemon)
  2. Dealer Processing Fee - $115
  3. Sales tax - $4328.20
  4. Tags and title - $593.75
The first vehicle I purchased was even cheaper. I didn't want the S package, but after a lemon buyback on the first vehicle it was the only semi-comparable replacement the dealership could find given the chip shortage. So cost me an extra ~$1200.

First time negotiating prices on a new vehicle. How did I do?
That's a helluva deal. Nicely done.

And good job getting the warranty refunded. That is WAY too expensive. You can buy one from Zeigler online for much cheaper. I just bought the Maximum Care 6/75K for $880.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
36 Posts
That's a helluva deal. Nicely done.

And good job getting the warranty refunded. That is WAY too expensive. You can buy one from Zeigler online for much cheaper. I just bought the Maximum Care 6/75K for $880.
Thanks!

Your warranty is much better than my cost.

I knew the warranty was likely overpriced when I purchased it. I had forgotten to research warranty prices before going in.

The guy in the finance office told me that I could only buy the warranty at that moment. Which I also knew likely wasn't true. Perhaps with them, but not in general. Though he told me I could cancel it within 60 days. So I figured no harm (aside from the time spent calling to cancel) if I decide I don't want it.

The one Chrysler ended up giving me is 8/100 with zero deductible. Here's to hoping I never have to use it!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Billet Silver w/Alloy Interior, All Options
12 Posts
I posted this before, but I realized I had probably posted this in the wrong place and it should be here.

I did this deal during the last week of April so was able to take advantage of the higher rebates in April.

Northern Virginia:
2021 Limited Hybrid Silver Billet/Alloy
MSRP: $54600
Dealer Discount: -$6189
Rebates: -$6250 (includes $750 Chrysler Cap)
Targeted Certificate: -$1000
Vehicle Price: $41,161

Plus: Dealer Doc of $995, tax and tags (standard)

I felt that the Dealer Doc free was unreasonably high (and higher than MD dealers which are capped by law at $500) and was able to get an additional $500 from the dealer which is reflected in their discount. Freight is included in MSRP and the vehicle price and obviously the $7500 federal credit is on top of that.

The van has a build date of 3/22 and arrived in the dealership in late April. Dealer inventory in the DMV is heavy on black and white with a few Granite's around. We preferred silver and jumped on it; as far as I know there were no other Silver/Alloys in my region in this config. The van had about 14 miles on the odo when we test drove it.

As a separate transaction, and just to track the crazy used car prices, we sold a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite with 32k to CarMax for $33,000--over 80 percent of what we originally paid in 12/17! CarVana had offered $31,700 and I thought that was good. The Chrysler dealer had zero interest in even entertaining a match on a trade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow that is a spectacular deal! I just ordered a white pinnacle via Costco Auto and only got $1009 off MSRP given there are only 3 with that color in the entire Tristate NY area.

I posted this before, but I realized I had probably posted this in the wrong place and it should be here.

I did this deal during the last week of April so was able to take advantage of the higher rebates in April.

Northern Virginia:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been tracking all the sales the last couple months on 2021 Pacifica Hybrids and on average people are getting 8% off MSRP before Chrysler incentives and discounts. The beat deal I saw was $52.5 MSRP with dealer discount of $6200. Over the last week, I've had a hard time getting dealers to give more than 3% off MSRP. My plan now is to wait for chip shortage to fix itself and hopefully dealers will give better deals and incentives will still be available.

FYI if you need to search for ALL new vehicle in Chrylser's inventory across the whole USA, I have a tool that will get this for you. Please message me directly on which configuration/colors you are looking for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been tracking all the sales the last couple months on 2021 Pacifica Hybrids and on average people are getting 8% off MSRP before Chrysler incentives and discounts. The beat deal I saw was $52.5 MSRP with dealer discount of $6200. Over the last week, I've had a hard time getting dealers to give more than 3% off MSRP. My plan now is to wait for chip shortage to fix itself and hopefully dealers will give better deals and incentives will still be available.

FYI, if anyone needs a list of ALL vehicles with a specific configuration across USA, I can provide you with an Excel file with the details. Please message me directly and I will send to you.
That's a generous offer, and cool that you have that data in this current market!

I got about 16% off MSRP total. Not the best, but not the worst either. Considering I grabbed the last Granite Crystal PacHy Limited with a tri-pane sunroof within 700 miles, I was happy.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Northern Virginia:

Plus: Dealer Doc of $995, tax and tags (standard)

I felt that the Dealer Doc free was unreasonably high (and higher than MD dealers which are capped by law at $500) and was able to get an additional $500 from the dealer which is reflected in their discount. Freight is included in MSRP and the vehicle price and obviously the $7500 federal credit is on top of that.

The van has a build date of 3/22 and arrived in the dealership in late April. Dealer inventory in the DMV is heavy on black and white with a few Granite's around. We preferred silver and jumped on it; as far as I know there were no other Silver/Alloys in my region in this config. The van had about 14 miles on the odo when we test drove it.

As a separate transaction, and just to track the crazy used car prices, we sold a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite with 32k to CarMax for $33,000--over 80 percent of what we originally paid in 12/17! CarVana had offered $31,700 and I thought that was good. The Chrysler dealer had zero interest in even entertaining a match on a trade.
Did you buy from Dulles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes you can but Chrysler only lets you do 250 miles from your city... I like to view all the cars across USA in a nice excel sheet for those that loves price shopping:
View attachment 46515
That is some amazing work! I don't know how you did this, but I am impressed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My long-distance Hybrid Pinnacle purchase was made at the end of April from a rural Minnesota dealer. The vehicle is slated to be shipped to me in Ohio this coming week. The particulars were previously detailed in another thread.

$52,720 MSRP
+$125 Doc Fee
-$3000 Dealer Discount
+$3404 Tax (6.75% in OH plus $40 in MN)
-$8000 Chrysler rebates/incentives
$45,249 OTD

This was not only the sole Pinnacle on their lot, but their singular Chrysler product. It couldn't have been considered an easy sell locally for them due to being FWD in a snowy area and a hybrid.

Although I test drove a Limited at a local dealer, I have yet to see a Pinnacle in person, so my first glimpse will be when it arrives on the transport!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My long-distance Hybrid Pinnacle purchase was made at the end of April from a rural Minnesota dealer. The vehicle is slated to be shipped to me in Ohio this coming week. The particulars were previously detailed in another thread.

$52,720 MSRP
+$125 Doc Fee
-$3000 Dealer Discount
+$3404 Tax (6.75% in OH plus $40 in MN)
-$8000 Chrysler rebates/incentives
$45,249 OTD

This was not only the sole Pinnacle on their lot, but their singular Chrysler product. It couldn't have been considered an easy sell locally for them due to being FWD in a snowy area and a hybrid.

Although I test drove a Limited at a local dealer, I have yet to see a Pinnacle in person, so my first glimpse will be when it arrives on the transport!
Curious what town in MN it was? My dad used to manage a dealership that sold Chrysler in a small MN town.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 Pacifica limited with s package advanced tech safety, u connect and key sense.
No moon roof.
Sticker 49,130 including destination. (The 2021 sticker was about 3k more).
After dealer mark downs including new York state phev credit (goes to dealer unless you negotiate for it) 45,900
Rebates 6,000
Paid 39,900 for Pacifica
Fianced through Chrysler at 3.1% for 60 months.
Doc fee 75
DMV fees $400 (transferred license plates)
Sales tax $2500 (unrealistic number for anyone else due to a trade in)
Bonus drive $250 rebate.
Federal $7500 rebate.

I bought it the last day of April 2020 so it had different rebate and it was the last one within 300 miles with the safety package.

I got the dealer to give me the low end of kbb private party on a trade in.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts