2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I feel like I'm late to the game on getting the awesome discounts people have been getting. Also, the cars I've been "watching" have quickly sold... so I ended up purchasing new car last weekend. Not the greatest deal but the configuration I wanted.
  1. StickerPrice- 53950 (pac hybrid with uconnect / premium / sunroof)
  2. Dealer discount- 3000
  3. Sale price (Total Price - Dealer Discount)- 50950
  4. Rebates- 6250(Chrysler regional incentives + Chrysler financing + $1000 targeted coupon)
  5. Discounted price - 44700
I had to "pay" for the sunroof and it's an option I really wanted to have. This is my first Chrysler I've purchased and I feel like Chrysler dealerships are very "old" school and want you to come in to negotiate. Many won't deal over the phone and the buying process takes painfully too long. I hope my next car I can just purchase over the internet...
Which dealership did you buy from?

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I'm posting to get your advice.

I have the following offer on a 2021 Hybrid Limited.

2021 Hybrid Limited, Customer Preferred Package 2EP ($1,895) includes 760-Watt Amplifier, 360 Surround-View, Parallel park assist, ParkSense, Panoramic ($2,995).

The dealer is holding the car until tomorrow. From reading the other posts, it doesn't seem like a great deal but maybe not too bad given the current chip shortage and limited supply? I'm also in Northern California and there's a crazy shortage. I don't need the car immediately. What do you think?

View attachment 46699

Sounds expensive. I'm in Northern California also. SF Bay Area to be specific. From the dealership I spoke to. If the rebates are there. I think you could get the same car for about $44,500 OTD or less. I'm also going to wait until better rebates/discounts come along when they get more cars or like many said. When the 2022 start rolling off the assembly. Seems like the months of May-July are the worst times to buy a van.

· Registered
783 Posts
Sounds expensive. I'm in Northern California also. SF Bay Area to be specific. From the dealership I spoke to. If the rebates are there. I think you could get the same car for about $44,500 OTD or less . I'm also going to wait until better rebates/discounts come along when they get more cars or like many said. When the 2022 start rolling off the assembly. Seems like the months of May-July are the worst times to buy a van.
The rebates are not there. You're not going to get that price at this time and in this market.

· Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
50 Posts
I get they cant lock rebates, but it sounds like they knew this was coming. I said ill come buy it Saturday, no problem with this right? They said not unless someone buys it first, a risk i was willing to take. The dealership could have easily told me the rebates were changing but didnt. Disappointing to say the least. For the record all the rebates were through 6/1. Typical 1 month incentives. They changed them on the 21st this month, 9 days ahead of the expected cancelation. Not sure how Im supposed to know thats coming.
The dealer should have known. I bought my PacHy on the 14th. I had sales people telling me on Thursday the 13th that they just heard the incentives would start expiring the following week and wouldn't be reinstated. So it sounds like the salesperson missed the memo. They dropped the ball.

· Registered
27 Posts
We bought a 2021 on 4/26. Paid full MSRP minus $5000 in incentives and got another $250 later. $500 for all the paperwork and licensing, no sales tax in Montana. A trade in complicated everything but ultimately they gave me $4000 more then their initial appraisal and $1000 less than what I thought it was worth so not sure how that all effected if I really paid MSRP minus rebates or if they padded the trade some. Either way I'm happy. It is a hybrid touring with the only option being the cold weather package. It was 1 day off the shipping truck with 10 miles on it.

· Super Moderator
1,050 Posts
We bought a 2021 on 4/26. Paid full MSRP minus $5000 in incentives and got another $250 later. $500 for all the paperwork and licensing, no sales tax in Montana. A trade in complicated everything but ultimately they gave me $4000 more then their initial appraisal and $1000 less than what I thought it was worth so not sure how that all effected if I really paid MSRP minus rebates or if they padded the trade some. Either way I'm happy. It is a hybrid touring with the only option being the cold weather package. It was 1 day off the shipping truck with 10 miles on it.
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

· Registered
9 Posts
UPDATE: As the chip shortage continues to idle the Windsor plant which makes the Pacifica Hybrids, the latest from my dealer:
1) The plant is unlikely to be back online until sometime in June (despite the news reports)
2) When the plant does resume, it will be 2022s being built, not 2021s
3) Not to worry, which means we ARE worrying, our negotiated deal will hold - no loss of incentives, even with the model year change

I am especially wary about #3. Unless Chrysler corporate is already working something out with the the dealers, I don't have a lot of faith that the full amount of incentive we signed for in April will apply to a 2022 special order. We've made it clear that it was the combined total of the dealer discount, factory incentive, TrueCar rebate, and the Federal tax credit which drove our buying decision. As the 2022s are not expected to have any new or better features following the 2021's refresh, we aren't prepared to spend ANY money more than our deposited deal.

We shall see...
UPDATE: July 1
Latest news online reports that Windsor will resume PacHy production July 5, which should mean that our shutdown delayed special order will finally go into the system (during the shutdown dealers could not enter new orders into the production system, rendering any pending orders "wishful thinking"). IF the order does go through, our dealer says that's when they'll know/confirm if it will be a 2021 or that the plant has switched over to producing 2022s. IF it is a 2021, the dealer maintains that our incentives in place at the end of April WILL be honored. It is only if Windsor switches over to 2022s that the previously signed for incentives might be in jeopardy.

Again, until I see it on paper in front of me, I'm doubtful this will work out in our favor, and I see it as likely we will end up cancelling our order. I've been explicit with them that we will not accept or modify any deal that does not give us at least the bottom line we were at in April when we signed. The situation highlights a dilemma that Chrysler (Stellantis) faces. I imagine that there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of pending orders like ours. Sure many of these orders will probably stay good even with price changes (increases), but I think there are many buyers like us, who were motivated by the confluence of very high factory incentives, dealers motivated to cut deep deals at that particular time, on top of the federal and state incentives. I think these are buyers prepared not only to walk away if their deals don't get honored in full, but to write off Chrysler for good. Chrysler would do well not to underestimate the enmity generated from feeling like the rug got pulled out from under you. It isn't just today's sale at jeopardy, but buyers who could very well decide never to consider, let alone buy, another Chrysler. ****, even in our late 50s, we probably have 6 to 9 more new vehicles in our future buying cycles. Younger buyers many more than that. I biasedly hope Chrysler takes the long term view that taking care of the buyer today is the best chance of keeping and expanding their customer base in the future.

We shall see...

· Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
466 Posts
Likely going to order a 2022 pachy limited tomorrow - MSRP $52,477 and sale price before any incentives/rebates is $49,977. Dealer price protects the order and will apply rebates when delivered if better. I get those who want to wait for better incentives but I have a 2020 subaru outback to trade and the equity is over $12,000 so in my mind if you have a good trade those insane used values have more than made up for lack of incentives.

· Registered
4 Posts
I paid $1k above sticker for my 2022 PacHy Limited with Theater package. Stick was $54,477 in white. This is in Orange County, CA. Dealer wanted $5k over sticker originally but I found a dealer with inventory in Arizona willing to do straight msrp. Negotiate the $1k over as it was the same as paying for shipping the car.

· Registered
45 Posts
I paid $1k above sticker for my 2022 PacHy Limited with Theater package. Stick was $54,477 in white. This is in Orange County, CA. Dealer wanted $5k over sticker originally but I found a dealer with inventory in Arizona willing to do straight msrp. Negotiate the $1k over as it was the same as paying for shipping the car.
Was this for a vehicle already on dealer lot, or for a factory order?

· Registered
4 Posts
Good question. It was not an order but it was not on the lot yet. I found the vehicles via the Chrysler website which showed they were in transit to the dealer. Was able to put down a $500 deposit and wait for delivery which was about an extra week.

· Registered
16 Posts
2022 Limited Hybrid in Fathom Blue with Uconnect Theater

Sticker Price: $56,912
Purchase price: $52,414

Wheel/tire road hazard (covering any wheel on vehicle): 340
Theft coverage: 440
100k mile service contract: 4200
Tax: 2230
TTL: 75

Purchased Stow and Place rails separately when we realized upon delivery they weren't standard anymore.

· Registered
12 Posts
2022 Limited Hybrid in Fathom Blue with Uconnect Theater

Sticker Price: $56,912
Purchase price: $52,414

Wheel/tire road hazard (covering any wheel on vehicle): 340
Theft coverage: 440
100k mile service contract: 4200
Tax: 2230
TTL: 75

Purchased Stow and Place rails separately when we realized upon delivery they weren't standard anymore.
Hi, where are you located?

· Registered
16 Posts
Covert. They offered us a good price because of the vehicle we had our hearts set on months ago being sold although they had our deposit. It was an honest mixup and a good resolution, they were great to work with. Would work with them again.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts