2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. our 2022 hybrid stopped turning on, with less than 6k miles on it. It's been in the shop almost 3 weeks now.

We were told it needed a new Power Inverter Module and that it would be worked on the day the part came in. The day the part came in, they told us it would be 3 work days til they were able to get to it. That day arrived and then they realized they ordered the wrong part and they had to request the right one through some special system ("Star?")

No ETA on the new part. Every time I try to contact them for an update it takes the whole day to connect with a service advisor. The service manager for some reason was telling me about a customer who's been waiting on a part for 5 months. Odd customer service strategy. "It could be worse"

Yesterday after 6 calls to the service department, I finally got in touch with our service advisor who informed me that the job was done but they broke some clips on our door and they would need to order the parts and maybe it would be ready Monday. Shortly after, he called my wife and informed her that he mixed up Pacificas when talking to me. I did think it was weird that they would have taken apart the door..

Called Chrysler customer care after that, and they are "expediting" the part request, whatever that means.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out after a week in the Star system there's still no progress, no parts ordered, nothing diagnosed.
Really starting to sound like the dealer guessed at the part, ordered it and tried it then realized they didn't diagnose the problem correctly.

Tired of everyone at Chrysler trying to explain how hard this is for them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part has finally been ordered... and it's on backorder with no ETA. Family vacation in a little over a week is about to get a lot more expensive.

Wondering if it's time to file a lemon law complaint now. The only goal would be to light a fire to get my van fixed. Don't want to wait another 5 months for a replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Part has finally been ordered... and it's on backorder with no ETA. Family vacation in a little over a week is about to get a lot more expensive.

Wondering if it's time to file a lemon law complaint now. The only goal would be to light a fire to get my van fixed. Don't want to wait another 5 months for a replacement vehicle.
We have the exact same issue. We have been without the van for 50 days. Lemon law lawyers won’t take the case. Chrysler won’t buy back. I have no idea what to do. Chrysler is not manufacturing the part and there is no ETA!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have the exact same issue. We have been without the van for 50 days. Lemon law lawyers won’t take the case. Chrysler won’t buy back. I have no idea what to do. Chrysler is not manufacturing the part and there is no ETA!
Our Chrysler advisor when I called the other day said there are almost 170 vehicles waiting on this part and none inbound.

we have purchased a very expensive brick, meanwhile Chrysler presumably is making new ones. My advisor also said that the new car parts are a different PO than the repair parts. NOT MY PROBLEM and not impossible to solve. They should not be selling new cars if they can’trepair the ones they alreadysold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have now been without our van since the beginning of March because of a 5-10mph front end collision in which the airbags didnt deploy. Finally by late May it was determined that the van needed the power inverter module... still have no van, we were told the new date for the inverter to arrive is August 15th... after that there is no availability date. We have been dealing with someone way way up the chain at Allstate and then have told us that the info they have gotten from their contacts at Chyrsler is that Chrysler will no longer be manufacturing this part!!!???

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
I have now been without our van since the beginning of March because of a 5-10mph front end collision in which the airbags didnt deploy. Finally by late May it was determined that the van needed the power inverter module... still have no van, we were told the new date for the inverter to arrive is August 15th... after that there is no availability date. We have been dealing with someone way way up the chain at Allstate and then have told us that the info they have gotten from their contacts at Chyrsler is that Chrysler will no longer be manufacturing this part!!!???
Surely that means an updated but backward compatible PIM is coming. It would be illegal to stop making it completely when there are vehicles currently under powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surely that means an updated but backward compatible PIM is coming. It would be illegal to stop making it completely when there are vehicles currently under powertrain warranty.
Yea you'd think so. But here we are, 170+ of us with no repair ETA in sight because there are no parts inbound.

Visited the dealer to get some road trip gear (cords etc) out of our van. It has been sitting outside getting weathered in ways that it would not in our possession. Our premium paint is being subjected to damage it shouldn't be, and our interior smells and looks like a service garage. At this point a repair wouldn't even make us whole. Hurts seeing our brand new custom order vehicle just sitting derelict with absolutely no care taken.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yea you'd think so. But here we are, 170+ of us with no repair ETA in sight because there are no parts inbound.

Visited the dealer to get some road trip gear (cords etc) out of our van. It has been sitting outside getting weathered in ways that it would not in our possession. Our premium paint is being subjected to damage it shouldn't be, and our interior smells and looks like a service garage. At this point a repair wouldn't even make us whole. Hurts seeing our brand new custom order vehicle just sitting derelict with absolutely no care taken.
We know there are parts, as they are producing hybrids when the factory is open. I don’t know what it would take to shake them loose. Maybe a lawsuit.

·
Registered
881 Posts
They told me it’s different purchase orders for those parts 🤣 Huge challenge.
Call your local news outlets and see if they will pick up the story. Not having a part is one thing. But stranding people that have already bought a vehicle so you can build more is something far more scandalous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts