2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Power Lift Gate Module improvement available

13K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  m0ebius604 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, this may be of interest.

Theres software update available as of today that is for Power Lift Gate Module (PLGM) System Improvements July28 2018.

This is not specific to PHEV.

"Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further
investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
• B1975-00 - Power Liftgate Latch Cinch - Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance.
The customer may also experience the following:
• Intermittently the power lift gate may not open.
• When the power lift gate is at full open and the lift gate is requested to close, the lift gate may
not respond."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/310l8wvobm1vp9f/July282018 power liftgate enhancement.pdf?dl=0

#4 ·
I wonder if this has anything to do with the liftgate alarms some of us get intermittently. Anyway, thank you m0ebius604 for posting the bulletin. I printed it, and will include it with other information when I get my oil changed and the recalls performed next week. I was wondering why sometimes my liftgate wouldn't close.

#6 ·
Thanks for posting! I wish this had come out a few days earlier. I just had the Pacifica in for an oil change and recalls the day before.

#7 ·
I noticed this when we were camping when the lift gate was up for long periods, it must be closed manually. Neither the buttons or the fob would close it. When I closed it manually, then it would operate electrically again. Is this normal or what is described here?

#8 ·
I do think the interior buttons time out on my 2017. But I would think the keyfob should always work -- but we are dealing with computer logic here. Maybe lock/unlock on the fob will wake everything up.

#10 ·
Thought:
@m0ebius604 (and @irpilot, @generaltso, @PacificaAdmin)

All the TSBs (like this one) and recalls are scattered (and duplicated) throughout the forums. While you spotlight the cruise control recall on the home page, is it possible to have a permanent thread or linked page on the various updates and recalls for the 2017, 2018 and soon to be 2019s on one page in a coherent order. This obviously would have to be a moderated page and I don't know who would be responsible for tracking the posts to various threads (like this one,) to pick them all up.

#12 · (Edited)
Thought:
@m0ebius604 (and @irpilot, @generaltso, @PacificaAdmin)

All the TSBs (like this one) and recalls are scattered (and duplicated) throughout the forums. While you spotlight the cruise control recall on the home page, is it possible to have a permanent thread or linked page on the various updates and recalls for the 2017, 2018 and soon to be 2019s on one page in a coherent order. This obviously would have to be a moderated page and I don't know who would be responsible for tracking the posts to various threads (like this one,) to pick them all up.
I've been trying to help in the various threads, hence the posts all around the forum.

I dont have any moderator authority, but it might make sense to start a Service Information bulletin or recall area to put it all in one place? If theres enough SIB's shared. I can't courier all of them for all The model years to come so unless others will, maybe it doesnt make sense.

Not my call.

For now i'll just post where the conversations are since many are following the threads if its an issue to them.

#13 ·
Thanks! Too bad. I just took the car in for servicing and this was one of my complaints. They couldn't replicate it though and so couldn't do anything about it. I don't have the MIL though, so I wonder if this is the same issue. It just beeps and doesn't open or just opens part way and stops.

#14 ·
Further enhancements as of October 12, 2018.

Number: 08-099-18 REV. A

"SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience any of these symptoms/conditions below. Upon further investigation the
technician may find the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
• B1975-00 - Power Liftgate Latch Cinch - Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance.
The customer may also experience one or more of the following:
• **Intermittent condition that allows entry from the power lift gate without the key fob within the
first 90 seconds following the vehicle being locked.
• Intermittently the power lift gate may not open.**
• When the power lift gate is at full open and the lift gate is requested to close, the lift gate may
not respond."

Models: 2017 - 2018 (RU) Chrysler Pacifica

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzc3aui86qalioy/Power Lift Gate Module (PLGM) System Improvements.pdf?dl=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.