2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our van's sliding doors work most of the time but occasionally one, both have done it, will open right after closing. Also, occasionally, one will start to open, once activated, and stop after an inch or so. Once we nudge it it opens and works. They work, but . . . I hate going to the dealer for this during this covid surge and the doors might work great while there. Anyone else with this issue? Our warranty is up in a month, though we have the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
548 Posts
Our van's sliding doors work most of the time but occasionally one, both have done it, will open right after closing. Also, occasionally, one will start to open, once activated, and stop after an inch or so. Once we nudge it it opens and works. They work, but . . . I hate going to the dealer for this during this covid surge and the doors might work great while there. Anyone else with this issue? Our warranty is up in a month, though we have the extended warranty.
Take it back to the dealership. There's a software update available that should fix your issue. Even if the doors behave fine for them there, you have a complaint which is enough to justify the update while you're under warranty.

Reactions: Sugar1Pacifica!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Freddie! Great info. I didn't want to go back at this time but I will, now knowing that there is a software update. Thanks a lot. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
This happen to me a few months ago. What I did was turn of the automatic door feature and manually open and closed the door a few times. It could be someone tried to open the door manually and the sensor tripped out. Then I used the door key fob open and closed it a few times. It was sticking and it seem that the latch wasn't letting it open or closing the door properly. I just played around with the door sensor and buttons until it fixed it self. You may have to assist the door from the outside while its closing and opening so it re-learns it self.

ALso check the cable at the bottom of the door and make sure its not getting caught and it is in the grove.
I didn't know there was an software update, I will look into that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you again, Freddie! I brought my Pacifica into Finnegan Chrysler in Rosenberg, Texas, just south of Houston, today and they installed the software update for our sliding doors. The doors are working well but they were working when I brought them in, except when they didn't. :) As I expected, they worked well when the service tech checked them but the service folks listened to what I told them about the problems we have experienced and then installed the updated software. Fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts