2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a long trip and while cleaning the Pacifica out, the power third row has jammed partially unfolded, see the picture.

Any thoughts? I swear every time I start to like this van something else breaks.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Got back from a long trip and while cleaning the Pacifica out, the power third row has jammed partially unfolded, see the picture.

Any thoughts? I swear every time I start to like this van something else breaks.
If there was no physical reason for the stop (junk in the back seat), then there was a very specific software fix for that problem that your dealer needs to apply.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No physical reason. It’s going into the dealership...again...on Monday.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really want to know the answer to this. This is something I worry about happening during a trip or right before.
Luckily it happened right after!

·
Super Moderator
578 Posts
I had this happen once it locked out when it took too much force to go into place dealership just connected their iPad to it and reset and relearned the seat module

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So got it back from the dealer. Crud was jammed down in the latch which is what caused it to jam. Dealer didn't charge me anything including for the rental car.

Thats one good thing I have to say, my dealer is great.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
So got it back from the dealer. Crud was jammed down in the latch which is what caused it to jam. Dealer didn't charge me anything including for the rental car.

Thats one good thing I have to say, my dealer is great.
Your problem was not typical. Most of us had this issue with no good reason. It was a software bug.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
233 Posts
And your dealer is???? Always good to give kudos where they are due. We usually only hear about the bad experiences.

·
Super Moderator
578 Posts
And your dealer is???? Always good to give kudos where they are due. We usually only hear about the bad experiences.
Right! I love my dealer, they make it right even if it takes them a couple times 🙃 Sam Leman in Morton, IL
😬👍

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your problem was not typical. Most of us had this issue with no good reason. It was a software bug.
I had read that also, and thats what I was expecting...

Darcars Chrysler in Rockville, MD.

Reactions: peterweb

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
45 Posts
Darcars Chrysler in Rockville, MD.
I just purchased a 2020 from Bowie, MD and I'm deciding which dealership to bring it for future service. I live in Rockville. I didn't quite have the best sales experience (I know, different shops), but would like your input on Darcars Rockville vs Criswell Germantown. I think DealerRater.com has more positive ratings on the service dept for Criswell.

If you have a preferred service agent at Rockville, let me know that too!

thanks!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Right! I love my dealer, they make it right even if it takes them a couple times 🙃 Sam Leman in Morton, IL
😬👍
Ditto on Sam Lehman, Morton.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just purchased a 2020 from Bowie, MD and I'm deciding which dealership to bring it for future service. I live in Rockville. I didn't quite have the best sales experience (I know, different shops), but would like your input on Darcars Rockville vs Criswell Germantown. I think DealerRater.com has more positive ratings on the service dept for Criswell.

If you have a preferred service agent at Rockville, let me know that too!

thanks!
Darcars is MUCH better than Criswell. I have used both, and my business partner had a Jeep GC that was at Criswell for like 6 months, took them forever to get his car fixed, they returned it multiple times and it kept leaving him stranded again. They damaged it on the lot too. FCA wound up giving him $7,000 for the hassle. I would never take a car to Criswell.

Ask for Daniel Morgadinho at Darcars in Rockville. He's great, gave me his cell number, etc.

I would say I get better service there than I do at Lexus...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same poblem, but it was just a floor mat stuck under the front edge of the seat.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
56 Posts
Darcars is MUCH better than Criswell. I have used both, and my business partner had a Jeep GC that was at Criswell for like 6 months, took them forever to get his car fixed, they returned it multiple times and it kept leaving him stranded again. They damaged it on the lot too. FCA wound up giving him $7,000 for the hassle. I would never take a car to Criswell.

Ask for Daniel Morgadinho at Darcars in Rockville. He's great, gave me his cell number, etc.

I would say I get better service there than I do at Lexus...
Thanks for this recommendation! I live in North Potomac and recently bought a Hybrid Limited (from Koons in VA - they had the color I wanted). Lots of electronic stuff to go wonky, so it's good to know a reputable service department. If I ever go there, I'll let them know where I heard their praises.

If you ever get an Infiniti, the head of service at Jim Coleman in Bethesda is top notch.

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
45 Posts
Thanks for this recommendation! I live in North Potomac and recently bought a Hybrid Limited (from Koons in VA - they had the color I wanted). Lots of electronic stuff to go wonky, so it's good to know a reputable service department. If I ever go there, I'll let them know where I heard their praises.

If you ever get an Infiniti, the head of service at Jim Coleman in Bethesda is top notch.
HAHA! We're practically neighbors! Is there a secret wave for forum members if we drive by each other?

We've been to Jim Coleman with our Infiniti, other than paying dealer prices, they've taken good care of my wife's QX56.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts