2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Minor annoyance but I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this.
After driving and parking in driveway and van is still in 'run' mode (while in park), I hit the engine start/stop button to turn van 'off'. Instead of going to 'off', it goes to 'accessory' mode. I have to hit the button again to turn van back on to 'run', and then once more to turn it to 'off'.
This happens maybe once out of 5 times.

Its not a big deal but it is annoying.

The above happens in electric mode. Not sure about hybrid mode.

Thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
That appears to be a response to "button bounce", a common computer control issue. (Two quick inputs from Run gets you Acc.) Try being more deliberate and short with your stop attempt. It could be a defective button.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is your foot on the brake when you press the button...? I am trying to recall, but I thought if your foot was on the brake, one press would turn-off the car and leave the Infotainment working for the preset delay -or- until you open your door - BUT - if you press the power button WITHOUT your foot on the brake, it goes to Accessory... DISCLAIMER: I may be TOTALLY wrong about this... haven't even had my coffee yet. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It works that we when you turn it on: if you don’t have your foot on the brake it goes to accessory. I don’t think it is supposed to work that way when you turn it off.
Sine we are on the topic, does anyone know how to get it out of accessory mode without going through run mode?

·
Registered
636 Posts
It works that we when you turn it on: if you don’t have your foot on the brake it goes to accessory. I don’t think it is supposed to work that way when you turn it off.
Sine we are on the topic, does anyone know how to get it out of accessory mode without going through run mode?
I was just going to ask that same question, glad you did. :p How do you go from ACC to OFF directly? Maybe open a door first? I'll try that later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured it out

Finally had a minute to fiddle with the issue and I figured it out.

When one turns the shift dial rapidly from D to P, it takes about 1 second for the computer to acknowledge it is now in P.
If you hit start/stop button during this one second D to P transition, the car goes to accessory mode, because it thinks it still is in D

Typically I would turn the shift dial rapidly to P, and then in the same motion, hit the start/stop button.

This is reproducible, just have to be fast

As long as one waits the ~2 seconds for the van to acknowledge it is in P, it will always turn to 'off' when the switch is hit

THanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hah! You've solved my mystery. I was wondering why it happens sometimes but not always, I will pay attention to this going forward and see if it's consistent as long as you wait like you said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts