2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? It seems to happen at Costco gas stations, when there is about 1/4 tank left to fuel the handle keeps clicking off and makes it extremely frustrating to fuel till full.

Is there something wrong with my tank that's causing the auto-shut off to engage or is this intentional?

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with a similar capless system and I have never had trouble fueling it at the same gas station.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Has anyone had this problem? It seems to happen at Costco gas stations, when there is about 1/4 tank left to fuel the handle keeps clicking off and makes it extremely frustrating to fuel till full.

Is there something wrong with my tank that's causing the auto-shut off to engage or is this intentional?

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with a similar capless system and I have never had trouble fueling it at the same gas station.
Its pretty well documented and I have experienced this myself at certain gas stations. I found the best way to prevent it is to hold the pump nozzle at about 45 degrees or so in the filler instead of straight up and down. This seems to help stop it. I find only certain pumps have this problem. I guess it depends on the flow rate between different gas pumps. Just turn the nozzle a little and it should fill without too many problems.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use Costco gas 90% of the time - have always pumped gas on the first click. Even in our Jeep, lets the gas even out between the baffles to get a proper top off. Least that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have this problem with all of my cars (not just Pacifica) at certain pumps. I try not to push the nozzle in completely and it works usually. The problem is with the pump I think.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its pretty well documented and I have experienced this myself at certain gas stations. I found the best way to prevent it is to hold the pump nozzle at about 45 degrees or so in the filler instead of straight up and down. This seems to help stop it. I find only certain pumps have this problem. I guess it depends on the flow rate between different gas pumps. Just turn the nozzle a little and it should fill without too many problems.
Yeah, I hold the rear of the pump handle into an upward position. It is not very comfortable for ones wrist, but the fuel gets to the tank.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, I have to pump gas very slowly it doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank very frustrating especially here in Maine winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to try some of these suggestions later today.

I dread gassing up my pacifica, otherwise it's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, I always gas up at Costco for their Top Tier gas, and always put the pump lever setting on the first (slowest) detent. Might irritate people in line behind me, but they probably don't even notice it. At least I don't fiddle with my wallet trying to find my card, put the card in upside down, then backwards, then drop it, then clean off the dirt, then...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I tried fueling today with the pump handle lifted up instead of letting it rest in the standard "locked" position and it fueled without issue.

Will continue to test to make sure this isn't a one-off time it worked right, this was tested with a pump at Costco in San Jose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts