2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently had the 'Intermittent motor A position sensor" issue that has popped up once or twice here on the forum. After replacing the inverter (33 days in the shop) the MIL came back on and now the've replace the transmission (~35! days in the shop) . I'm debating whether to use the lemon law for a buyback and I was hoping to get some feedback on whether the transmission replacement (which involves significant disassembly of the front end) will make future failures more likely. Loved the car up until this issue but I bought a new car so I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of issue!

Does anyone have experience with having the transmission replaced and did it cause any problems? Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I’m assuming the dealer replaced the transmission and if so is still covered under powertrain warranty . It’s a roll of the dice whatever vehicle you purchase down the road , more technology equates to more headaches yes . I think if you have three options ; deal with the replacement , trade it in after the replacement or try and lemon it . Really asking somebody about replacement tranny problems when somebody else is doing the work is really a stretch . Just ensure that you road test it prior to signing off on the dealer service order . And most trannys today are non serviceable , so if something goes erroneous they change out the entire unit . Good luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had the transmission replaced in my '17 in early '18 and now have over 70k miles on it without issue. If they did it properly you should be fine. You'll know sooner rather than later as issues tend to crop up early if there are going to be any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the transmission replaced in my '17 in early '18 and now have over 70k miles on it without issue. If they did it properly you should be fine. You'll know sooner rather than later as issues tend to crop up early if there are going to be any.
Thanks for the replies. The part was replaced by the dealer under warranty (less than 1 year old) I'll keep an eye open for any potential issues for a little while. In the mean time I'll see if I can reach a fair accomodation with customer retention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts