2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1401 - 1413 of 1413 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was always my understanding that they were going to get the 2017 run completed, go on a two week break to retool, and then start the 2018 model year.

Much as I'd love to have the 2018, I'm guessing I'll get a 2018.

Supposedly the 2017 hybrid production run is complete, so are these going to be 2018 hybrids?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Supposedly the 2017 hybrid production run is complete, so are these going to be 2018 hybrids?
They aren't selling 2017s anymore, but they still have to finish building them. I placed an order (Dark Cordovan) that just barely missed the 2017 production run at the end of May. After a week, the order was just sitting in limbo. I then co-opted an existing dealer order (Black) and converted it to a sold order to hedge my bet. My dealer/neighbor confirmed just today that my Black order is still a 2017 and my Dark Cordovan order is now a 2018.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I guess a buyer that purchases 500 hybrids gets priority over other buyers. Earlier I read that Chrysler was not going to restart production until they had a fix for the recall. May not have been true. Wonder if any of the earlier Google vehicles had the diode failure??

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's encouraging that production is back up and running, but pivotal questions remain: Has the PIM issue been resolved and when will shipping begin?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess a buyer that purchases 500 hybrids gets priority over other buyers. Earlier I read that Chrysler was not going to restart production until they had a fix for the recall. May not have been true. Wonder if any of the earlier Google vehicles had the diode failure??
Yeah, I'm curious if they want to get them at least assembled, and then will retrofit the replacement part...OR, they have an updated PIM, but want to get the large fleet order filled (lest they lose the contract and deal with that fallout) so those vehicles are getting priority on the supplies that they currently have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They aren't selling 2017s anymore, but they still have to finish building them. I placed an order (Dark Cordovan) that just barely missed the 2017 production run at the end of May. After a week, the order was just sitting in limbo. I then co-opted an existing dealer order (Black) and converted it to a sold order to hedge my bet. My dealer/neighbor confirmed just today that my Black order is still a 2017 and my Dark Cordovan order is now a 2018.
I did put a deposit with a dealer for dealer order. Does this mean that is going to be converted into 2018 order?
I am sorry but I am confused.

KD

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did put a deposit with a dealer for dealer order. Does this mean that is going to be converted into 2018 order?
I am sorry but I am confused.

KD
I expect your dealer could tell you for sure. Not knowing the details of your transaction, anything I have to add is speculation. If they converted it to a sold order with your name attached to it, you are probably in the 2017 run. If it still is in the system as a dealer order, then it may not have made it into the 2017 production run.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My dealer said no idea on when the 2017 replacement will come in and no idea when the 2018 model will start. He guessed not till Sept. And maybe info ending of July/Aug.

To make things even more confusing, the 2017 gas model has not halted production. He said he can still place orders for them. But I can't bring myself to buying one when I know in a month or so, the 2018 model will be revealed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It seems to me that the simplest explanation is the most likely: they have a fix and they're building new Hybrids with the problem fixed.
It seems to me if they are going to retool for 2018 models in a couple weeks it would make sense to use these last couple weeks to build the remaining 2017 orders regardless of whether the PIM fix is in place or not. I would like to think you're right, but my guess is the fix isn't in the hybrids currently being built and they will be held for a few weeks to have the fix applied. Of course it's just a guess. I will repeat the official "Production delay in hybrid" thread lamentation: I wish Chrysler would communicate so we wouldn't have to speculate!

1401 - 1413 of 1413 Posts