2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with a dealership in Virginia that said they do not allow cars to be purchased and registered in California. Has anyone heard of this before? Do other states have this restriction?

·
Registered
317 Posts
For the longest time, California had stricter emissions laws than the rest of the states, and cars had to be "special" for Calif - even if that is no longer true, the dealer may think it is...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the longest time, California had stricter emissions laws than the rest of the states, and cars had to be "special" for Calif - even if that is no longer true, the dealer may think it is...
The car shows 50 state emissions, I thought that's all we need to be legal in CA, no?

·
Registered
332 Posts
A friend was told by a dealer that he could not register a new truck in New York that he wanted to purchase in Florida.

·
Vendor
113 Posts
All Pacificas are California Emission Certified. They may just not want to hassle with doing the title and tag paperwork. What we typically do with California registrations is send the necessary documents to the customer and have them do their own registration in California.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All Pacificas are California Emission Certified. They may just not want to hassle with doing the title and tag paperwork. What we typically do with California registrations is send the necessary documents to the customer and have them do their own registration in California.
good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Carl is great to buy from. I’m in MN, and went out to MD to buy from Carl. Great price and service! They sent everything I needed to register in MN and made it all very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts