2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we just get into a new Pacifica Touring L-Plus, our 1st minivan, so we are not experts on it, it comes equipped with child look for the sides doors, which i guess is something that every car has in this days, but in our previous cars and every car that i know until now, the child lock prevents open the doors from the inside always, at any stage, parked or moving. The thing is that we noticed that our biggest girl can open the door from the inside just pushing the button, once the car is parked. Is this normal or this is some kind of issue that we need to recall or fix??? anybody has notice the same??? we expect that once the child lock is activated outside the door, the kids are not able to open the door never from the inside.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The child locks on the doors keep children from using the actual "car handle" from the inside to open the door. That solves only one problem in the Pacifica. The problem you mention is the electronic opening of the doors using the button. Their is a "lock" for all the buttons (in the Hybrid version at least) on the ceiling panel between the driver and passenger seat. That is the only way I have kept my 3 year old from opening the doors with the button.

Sorry if this doesn't apply to the Touring ... but hope it does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep, what dadof3 said.

Press the middle button of the ceiling panel that allows you to open/close doors from the front seat. That will lock them so that the buttons won't work to open the door.

It's kind of nice because if I want to make my kids wait to open the doors but still be able to, that button works for that. So for example, we're stopped in a parking lot and want to wait a few minutes to go in. I leave it locked. When I'm ready to get out of the car, I unlock the doors from the ceiling panel and they can let themselves out.

They end up happy because they still get to open the doors, I end up happy because they can't just open the doors all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.