2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does the 8th seat hold a regular child car seat?

2. If I decide not to get the 8th seat when I purchase, can I go back at any time if I change my mind and buy the 8th seat separately to add in? This assumes it was an available option in the first place. I'm just not sure if they have to make any modifications to the vehicle when that option is selected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 8th seat does have LATCH anchors, so yes it technically does hold a seat. Having said that, the 8th seat is pretty narrow, so if it were me, I'd double check by taking the child seat to the dealership and making sure it fits properly.

2. If I decide not to get the 8th seat when I purchase, can I go back at any time if I change my mind and buy the 8th seat separately to add in? This assumes it was an available option in the first place. I'm just not sure if they have to make any modifications to the vehicle when that option is selected.
The 8th seat changes the carpeting, floor hardware to attach the seat, and adds the seat belt harware to the ceiling. I was told that the 8th seat was not something that could be added later, and based on what I see in my vehicle, I believe that's accurate.

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Correct. The 8th seat cannot be added later.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 8th seat should hold a regular child seat fine. We have three child seats across, the two outboard seats have the front facing seats and the middle holds the infant click in seat. We can still pull the outboard seats up to access the rear seat with all three seats in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could not put my car seat in the middle, because it was blocking BOTH sides from pivoting forward for easy entry into the third row. We had to put it on the driver's side so the kids could pivot the passenger side forward. We may have to upgrade our car seat to something with a narrower base for more flexibility.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
We can still pull the outboard seats up to access the rear seat with all three seats in place.
Which model of car seat do use in the middle seat?

·
Registered
49 Posts

I asked about adding it later at the dealership. It is a factory only installed option. Seat is small and weighs about 55 pounds aprox. easily stow-able in the rear cargo area. If you didn't get it you can see where the floor has a spot to put it. But the problem is the seat belt. Which is why it can not be added later on. The shoulder strap on the 8th seat needs to be fixed to a the roof. similar to the way it is in the 3rd row. Also 8th row seating eliminates the moon roof option, once again for the seat belt reason. It's a rather inexpensive option, but they seem to be rare to find one with it, unless you specifically order it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts