2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February this year, my navigation system quit working. When I took it to the dealer, I was told that they verified it didn't work, but there was no fix for it. They refused to replace the radio. Fast forward to June 15 and another dealer visit, I was told that they would order a new radio and that it would take 2 weeks. Now on July 16, I am told that the radio is back ordered and that the supply problem is they simply refurbish returned radios instead of using new ones.

In any event, my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid has been a big disappointment. I've had other problems with the van that kept it at the dealership for five weeks. Chrysler doesn't seem to care about taking care of their products nor their customers!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,069 Posts
In February this year, my navigation system quit working. When I took it to the dealer, I was told that they verified it didn't work, but there was no fix for it. They refused to replace the radio. Fast forward to June 15 and another dealer visit, I was told that they would order a new radio and that it would take 2 weeks. Now on July 16, I am told that the radio is back ordered and that the supply problem is they simply refurbish returned radios instead of using new ones.

In any event, my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid has been a big disappointment. I've had other problems with the van that kept it at the dealership for five weeks. Chrysler doesn't seem to care about taking care of their products nor their customers!
Are you just venting?
Another option would be to private message @ChryslerCares (click on their name) to see if they can assist you with the dealer.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
361 Posts
Unless your vehicle's miles are beyond 36k, I'm not sure why the dealer originally refused to replace the radio. There are those on this forum who, due to the Pandemic, have waited four months for new radios to arrive.

Reactions: Bond007 and SciTchr

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

Hello cayvman48,
If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you just venting?
Another option would be to private message @ChryslerCares (click on their name) to see if they can assist you with the dealer.
I have the same problem. Had a lot of back and forth with the dealer and Chrysler between May and July trying to get this issue resolved. Just got told by Chrysler that my new radio is in. I don't think going to another vehicle will do anyone any good because the problem is with the electronics in these new vehicles, and no matter what model you purchase, you run the risk of having electronics-related issues, including computer failures, body controller issues, radio/navigation issues. I've been checking out various models from Cadillac to Buick to Lincoln, etc, and they all have the same or similar problems. The electronics in these cars are just lousy. Chrysler says some of their radios are assembled in Mexico (I hope they weren't trying to imply that Mexicans can't make good radios), and that would explain why it took so long to get a new one, because of the COVID down there is causing work stoppages and production backups just like in the USA. It's been extremely stressful not having by 2018 Pacifica working like it did when I first drove it home.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,069 Posts
I have the same problem. Had a lot of back and forth with the dealer and Chrysler between May and July trying to get this issue resolved. Just got told by Chrysler that my new radio is in. I don't think going to another vehicle will do anyone any good because the problem is with the electronics in these new vehicles, and no matter what model you purchase, you run the risk of having electronics-related issues, including computer failures, body controller issues, radio/navigation issues. I've been checking out various models from Cadillac to Buick to Lincoln, etc, and they all have the same or similar problems. The electronics in these cars are just lousy. Chrysler says some of their radios are assembled in Mexico (I hope they weren't trying to imply that Mexicans can't make good radios), and that would explain why it took so long to get a new one, because of the COVID down there is causing work stoppages and production backups just like in the USA. It's been extremely stressful not having by 2018 Pacifica working like it did when I first drove it home.
Glad to hear that the new radio came in. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are in a similar situation and are still waiting on a radio replacement after 4 weeks. Still no mention of when it may be in. We have been told they do not send new replacement radios even if your vehicle is under warranty. Our Pacifica is only a year old. They sent an OTA update and it is in a boot loop. It actually killed the battery which the local dealer agreed to replace. They unhooked the radio completely to prevent it from killing the new battery. Have been told they cannot authorize a new radio so we are essentially waiting for a broken unit to be sent in and repaired to be sent to us. It honestly blows my mind that a 1 year old vehicle under warranty is waiting on a refurbished replacement part. Yes I am venting and warning anyone who is reading this to be aware of what you are getting if you buy one of these vehicles and have this issue.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
361 Posts
Is there a way to block over-the-air updates?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not that I am aware of. Should not do them without prompting customer first. I may have allowed it, but we were not having any issues with the radio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts