2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and to the Pachy. Two weeks ago I realized my old SUV was on its last legs and so I checked inventory for Pachys coming to my area, metro Boston. There were a few, all 2022s.

PSA: most of them (still to this day) are missing Safety Sphere - the backup camera and associated emergency stop feature. (Presumably a pandemic supplier issue.)

There were two that had SS, both also with UConnect - which we didn’t really want - and both were in transit to the same dealer. We put a deposit down on one - need that camera.

The dealer texted me 12/27 saying it had left central Michigan. I inquired again today and she sent a screenshot of the order status - turns out it arrived by truck to New Boston, MI (a Detroit suburb) on 12/30 and is there awaiting rail travel to East Brookfield, MA.

We’ve experienced major pandemic freight delays so I’m thinking this could take weeks. Sales says likely quicker but hard to predict.

Can anyone who has received delivery recently attest to rail transit time?

I did try chatting with Chrysler corporate and the agent said they can’t give out delivery estimates for a dealer order, and they don’t see my name (or any name) for my VIN.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
254 Posts
My 2022 Pachy Limited did not experience any rail transit delays - took less than 2 days to travel from Windsor, ON to Cottage Grove, MN. The delays were all related to truck availability to get it from the assembly plant to the rail yard and from the rail yard to the dealership. In my case it was still less than a week delay on each end for truck transport. My 2022 has all the safety features and the only chip related feature missing is power fold mirrors.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
618 Posts
Admit it you don't really need a camera. Want one yes, but need it? I've been driving for over 40 years without any cameras. In every type of vehicle you can imagine except exotics and 18 wheelers.
I did move an 18 wheeler about 30ft. once.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), shipped as of 14Dec, ETA to SC now early-mid Feb at earliest
54 Posts
My van was done mid-December and has been constantly pushed back by transit delays. Now it’s looking like mid-January delivery, best case.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
254 Posts
This is very interesting - I just looked at a window sticker for a Touring L hybrid on a dealer lot near me and it does indeed show the following credit:
Customer Preferred Package 2EL
Safety Sphere Delete –$522
ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera
ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop

I am surprised they can sell a vehicle without a rear back-up camera as I thought it was required - wonder if they will install later when parts become available. I have not seen this delete on the higher trims that include safety sphere as standard equipment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Miller and Kronos, good info.

Jeremy there are loads of safety features I have driven without but once they’re available I’m in. I have never owned a vehicle this big, and for example backing out of a space at the grocery store with pedestrians all over will be vastly safer with the camera. So all in all, I’ll take my lumps (UConnect) to get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and Miller, I’m surprised they’re selling without cameras too, but I won’t be surprised if they’re offering dealer-installed cameras at a later date. Even if a buyer didn’t mind it, lack of a camera would impact the resale value. I didn’t want to mess with all that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh and Miller, I’m surprised they’re selling without cameras too, but I won’t be surprised if they’re offering dealer-installed cameras at a later date. Even if a buyer didn’t mind it, lack of a camera would impact the resale value. I didn’t want to mess with all that.
Agreed - I will be interested to see if I am able to add the power fold mirror option to my van at a reasonable cost in the future - doesn't bother me to fold them manually when needed but would be nice to have if available.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
It is rather pathetic to see the deletion of items and the credits for them at the bulk wholesale pricing when everything on the windows sticker is the marked-up retail MSRP pricing. It is not right for them to delete these parts and not give actual list/MSRP credit for the parts not used. It is like the power-folding mirrors 75 credit. If you ever need to replace one power-folding mirror the new parts alone will be WAY more than 37.50.

Reactions: millerbjm

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is very interesting - I just looked at a window sticker for a Touring L hybrid on a dealer lot near me and it does indeed show the following credit:
Customer Preferred Package 2EL
Safety Sphere Delete –$522
ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera
ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop

I am surprised they can sell a vehicle without a rear back-up camera as I thought it was required - wonder if they will install later when parts become available. I have not seen this delete on the higher trims that include safety sphere as standard equipment.
The ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera and ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop is the base model camera system. Just a basic Back-Up Camera and stop assist. That is what I have in my 2018 with a 7" UConnect. The Safety Sphere adds front and side view cameras for a 360° view and I forget what else.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera and ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop is the base model camera system. Just a basic Back-Up Camera and stop assist. That is what I have in my 2018 with a 7" UConnect. The Safety Sphere adds front and side view cameras for a 360° view and I forget what else.
That is very helpful info - based on the way it is listed on the window sticker and given that info it would seem they are deleting ParkSense Front Park Assist with Stop, ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist and 360 Surround View Camera and adding ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera and ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been researching this too as I look to place an order for a Touring L AWD. I agree with you millerbjm, when this package shows up on the window sticker, you loose the items listed and they are replaced with the basic safety package with a backup camera and rear parking sensors.

From what I have been able to find, it seems likely that most Touring L's built without the UConnect Family Theater option will get the Safety Sphere Delete. After checking a bunch of Touring L's with the Theater option, I haven't found one with that delete yet. It may be necessary to get both if you want the Safety Sphere on a Touring L for now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My van was done mid-December and has been constantly pushed back by transit delays. Now it’s looking like mid-January delivery, best case.
My van was finished about 12/10. It was in Detroit. Last I heard was in "Conners", which I have no idea where it is. I was told that Chrysler has no deals with a transporter, and that many people in the transport biz take off the last few weeks of each year. I'm hoping to get my Touring L sometime this month.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), shipped as of 14Dec, ETA to SC now early-mid Feb at earliest
54 Posts
Conners used to refer to Detroit in FCA speak, but I don’t think they have their plant there anymore. It’s where a lot of the sports cars were made, but I believe they did use it for overflow storage at one point. Not sure if maybe that’s still the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jeremy and Miller -- I interpreted the window sticker (see attached for a Pachy headed to Newton, MA) to mean the ParkView and ParkSense line items are deleted - they are indented beneath the "Safety Sphere Delete" line item (dealer page here shows similar). But I could be wrong -- it would have only needed to call ;-)

My Pachy left the plant on 12/15. So Kronos and Lisaln I think all three of ours are sitting in this rail yard just SW of Detroit.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Jeremy and Miller -- I interpreted the window sticker (see attached for a Pachy headed to Newton, MA) to mean the ParkView and ParkSense line items are deleted - they are indented beneath the "Safety Sphere Delete" line item (dealer page here shows similar). But I could be wrong -- it would have only needed to call ;-)

My Pachy left the plant on 12/15. So Kronos and Lisaln I think all three of ours are sitting in this rail yard just SW of Detroit.
I also originally read it that way but after hearing about what is contained in the safety sphere package it is a lot more than those 2 items and fed law requires a back-up camera in the US so I made a guess that perhaps they are trying to say they delete the saftey shpere and then add the basic camera and rear park sense as stand alones. In the end I am just making semi-educated guesses as I don't wn a touring L and haven't seen one on the lot so I am probably doing more harm than good even posting about it :cool:

·
Registered
618 Posts

They can not legally delete a Back-up camera in the U.S.

As of May 1st, 2018, all new cars in the United States must come equipped with backup cameras. The law requiring these cameras started its phase-in process in May 2016 and completed enforcement May 1st, 2018.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just my interpretation, but usually the packages on the window sticker list out what comes in the package, not what it removes. So in this case the Safety Sphere Delete adds in the Parkview backup camera and Parksense Rear sensors in return for all of the items in the Safety Sphere package that have been deleted from the build.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just my interpretation, but usually the packages on the window sticker list out what comes in the package, not what it removes. So in this case the Safety Sphere Delete adds in the Parkview backup camera and Parksense Rear sensors in return for all of the items in the Safety Sphere package that have been deleted from the build.
I agree with this as being the correct interpretation.

It's saying it's deleting Safety Sphere (which was standard) and re-adding only the Rear Camera and Sensors (which is required under law).

Which, the side cameras while helpful for aligning the vehicle between parking lines (we have it, that's about all it's good for), I could see living without them. The rear side BLIS radar already detects pedestrians (I think).

It'd be a larger bummer if they're missing the front Parksense sensors. Front sonar is nifty for pulling into our tight garage.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks Miller and Kronos, good info.

Jeremy there are loads of safety features I have driven without but once they’re available I’m in. I have never owned a vehicle this big, and for example backing out of a space at the grocery store with pedestrians all over will be vastly safer with the camera. So all in all, I’ll take my lumps (UConnect) to get it.
Agree with you. I drove cars without disc brakes, but would I buy a car now with drum brakes (if one were offered)? No.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts