2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Jeremy and Miller -- I interpreted the window sticker (see attached for a Pachy headed to Newton, MA) to mean the ParkView and ParkSense line items are deleted - they are indented beneath the "Safety Sphere Delete" line item (dealer page here shows similar). But I could be wrong -- it would have only needed to call ;-)

My Pachy left the plant on 12/15. So Kronos and Lisaln I think all three of ours are sitting in this rail yard just SW of Detroit.
My van is also granite 馃槈

Registered
Hey everyone, new to the forum and to the Pachy. Two weeks ago I realized my old SUV was on its last legs and so I checked inventory for Pachys coming to my area, metro Boston. There were a few, all 2022s.

PSA: most of them (still to this day) are missing Safety Sphere - the backup camera and associated emergency stop feature. (Presumably a pandemic supplier issue.)

There were two that had SS, both also with UConnect - which we didn鈥檛 really want - and both were in transit to the same dealer. We put a deposit down on one - need that camera.

The dealer texted me 12/27 saying it had left central Michigan. I inquired again today and she sent a screenshot of the order status - turns out it arrived by truck to New Boston, MI (a Detroit suburb) on 12/30 and is there awaiting rail travel to East Brookfield, MA.

We鈥檝e experienced major pandemic freight delays so I鈥檓 thinking this could take weeks. Sales says likely quicker but hard to predict.

Can anyone who has received delivery recently attest to rail transit time?

I did try chatting with Chrysler corporate and the agent said they can鈥檛 give out delivery estimates for a dealer order, and they don鈥檛 see my name (or any name) for my VIN.
My rail time took approx. 1 1/2 weeks, to Kansas City. Van was built on 12/18/2021, and I called the dealer on 12/30/2021 for an update, and the van was in KZM status (first rail departure), sitting in the railyard in Oakmont, MI and arrived today, 1-7-2022. Any updates on your ETA on delivery?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My rail time took approx. 1 1/2 weeks, to Kansas City. Van was built on 12/18/2021, and I called the dealer on 12/30/2021 for an update, and the van was in KZM status (first rail departure), sitting in the railyard in Oakmont, MI and arrived today, 1-7-2022. Any updates on your ETA on delivery?
Congrats! That delivery time seems almost normal.

I haven鈥檛 heard anything and I鈥檓 keeping my expectations low. Like February low. Last Monday the rail leg said 鈥淓TA TBD鈥. The screen capture the dealer shared with me (Vehicle Assignment Leg Details) does not bestow anything so special as a status code on my poor Pachy, sitting there all glum and gray in the rail yard, watching other cars move on鈥 ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Status today has not changed since 9 days ago - still in the rail yard outside Detroit, still ETA TBD on catching a train East. :cautious:

Kronos and Lisa, any luck with yours?

I鈥檓 beginning to wonder if there鈥檚 something systematic here, rather than a garden variety pandemic shipping delay. But that鈥檚 probably paranoia- at least the status isn鈥檛 鈥渙n hold鈥:oops:

Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), shipped as of 14Dec, ETA to SC now 24Jan-04Feb at earliest
Nothing. Sounds like getting it in January is looking less and less likely. The weird part is that I鈥檓 not in delay status鈥 I had been in and out of that status before, so that kind of made sense. But waiting a month now without movement despite not being in a delay the last couple weeks seems weird. Maybe I was just too optimistic to start.

Registered
If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm in the same. Built Dec 15 and no ETA since then. We have 2022 Limited with no extra options. And my dealer told me that there's another one just like mine. Build and sitting at Detroit without ETA. Maybe it's the drivers shortage?

Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), shipped as of 14Dec, ETA to SC now 24Jan-04Feb at earliest
Well, I got an official update on ETA today. Pushed back to 1/24-2/4 at the earliest. Sad that it looks like it'll be (at the very least) a full two months from build date to delivery. I thought that factory shutdowns would be my biggest delay. Oh well. I guess if we get pushed back past Feb, I'll probably have to figure something else out. At least our dealer has been polite about it being a refundable deposit - no big surprise since they'll easily be able to move the vehicle - but we're getting to the point where we need some certainty since we've been down to a single vehicle since November.

Registered
Well, I got an official update on ETA today. Pushed back to 1/24-2/4 at the earliest. Sad that it looks like it'll be (at the very least) a full two months from build date to delivery. I thought that factory shutdowns would be my biggest delay. Oh well. I guess if we get pushed back past Feb, I'll probably have to figure something else out. At least our dealer has been polite about it being a refundable deposit - no big surprise since they'll easily be able to move the vehicle - but we're getting to the point where we need some certainty since we've been down to a single vehicle since November.
I feel your pain but it's nice they have a time frame for you now. We ordered the exact same vehicle color and all. If it hits March, I'll be moving on for sure. We ordered in September and completed in December.

Registered
I feel your pain but it's nice they have a time frame for you now. We ordered the exact same vehicle color and all. If it hits March, I'll be moving on for sure. We ordered in September and completed in December.
Well, this is the fourth timeframe I鈥檝e had鈥 so not sure it really has any meaning. We also ordered September. It鈥檚 a race! 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Kronos i guess some person or some algorithm determined yours was ready for a change. Shouldn鈥檛 be a bad thing. I see yours is headed to SC - can鈥檛 possibly be sharing a train with mine going to Mass. Did they tell you it鈥檚 taking a train?

MCNE and AfterPacifica if you鈥檙e ok sharing the general destination, it would be interesting to see if the hold up is system-wide (EDIT: it鈥檚 not, since Black22Touring got his to KC) or restricted to a particular region or mode (train vs truck)鈥

Registered
Kronos i guess some person or some algorithm determined yours was ready for a change. Shouldn鈥檛 be a bad thing. I see yours is headed to SC - can鈥檛 possibly be sharing a train with mine going to Mass. Did they tell you it鈥檚 taking a train?

MCNE and AfterPacifica if you鈥檙e ok sharing the general destination, it would be interesting to see if the hold up is system-wide or restricted to a particular region or mode (train vs truck)鈥
They did say train + truck. Apparently it goes to Orlando first before coming back up to SC? Not sure. They鈥檝e been up-front the whole time with 鈥渆verything is screwed up, we probably won鈥檛 really know anything until it鈥檚 on the last truck leg to us鈥 but it鈥檚 frustrating anyway to see dates continually come and go.

Registered
And this is the first ETA I got from them. So hopefully it is real
Fingers crossed! Originally, I was quite happy to have an ETA only a couple weeks after the build finished. Dealer was fairly confident we鈥檇 have by end of the year. Then that turned into 鈥渨ell, at least it should definitely come in January!鈥 First we were ETAed for early Jan, then late Jan. Now that has turned into 鈥渉opefully it will be here by end of Feb鈥. Especially with the BNSF railroad strike looking likely, I鈥檓 really not feeling great. We鈥檝e started researching other options, but I鈥檒l be so bummed if we have to move on. We were pumped about getting this van!

Registered
Status today has not changed since 9 days ago - still in the rail yard outside Detroit, still ETA TBD on catching a train East. :cautious:

Kronos and Lisa, any luck with yours?

I鈥檓 beginning to wonder if there鈥檚 something systematic here, rather than a garden variety pandemic shipping delay. But that鈥檚 probably paranoia- at least the status isn鈥檛 鈥渙n hold鈥:oops:
I just got a call from my salesman. He says my van is on the way and will be there on Sunday or Monday. I can pick it up on Monday, but we're expecting to get about 8" of snow. 馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉

Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
I just got a call from my salesman. He says my van is on the way and will be there on Sunday or Monday. I can pick it up on Monday, but we're expecting to get about 8" of snow. 馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉
Maybe you should have gotten the AWD model...:p

Registered

MCNE and AfterPacifica if you鈥檙e ok sharing the general destination, it would be interesting to see if the hold up is system-wide (EDIT: it鈥檚 not, since Black22Touring got his to KC) or restricted to a particular region or mode (train vs truck)鈥
The online chat folks say by the end on the month for an ETA. Checking with the dealer which is in Illinois.

Registered
Happened to me. I had to pickup on a crappy weather day too. I could not wait, since my old truck stalled on me the day before on the way to work. Van came just in the nick of time. It sucks, that your new van will be all nice and clean, and gets mucked up on the test drive :( Congrats on taking delivery!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My Pachy has gotten moving too - it鈥檚 like they set them all free at the same time. Mine has en ETA of Friday to a rail yard in Massachusetts. We鈥檒l see how long the truck delivery to the dealer takes after that ;-)

Registered
Mine has been shipped out of factory on Dec 16th and ended up sitting in Detroit rail yard for 3 weeks. It finally got on the train after the new yr and came to MD. Now, it's sitting there for about a week now, just 60 miles from my home, still without an ETA. It's really been a long and painful wait since placing the order on Sep 17.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts