2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been hearing the tinkling/rattling noise in my PACHY since I bought the car when no one was seated in that seat. The noise occurs while driving the PACHY on little rough surface road and when no one is sitting in the second row seats as the backrest is vibrating. Finally, I was able to get the van to the dealer as my dealer is booked weeks in advance.

The dealer basically confirmed that the noise is there, it seems so basic that the bucket seat backrest is making the noise and is able to duplicate it. Next, he told me they tried on two other brand new PACHY in stock and it makes the same noise on bucket seat backrest vibration when van was driven on rough surface on highway. One resolution he provided is to keep the seat folded then the noise goes away. Can you believe a $50,000 car dealer giving this solution. Bottomline, he is like you have to live with it until Chrysler gets enough complaints and they "may" decide to come up with a solution.

I had Camry, Accord, Odyssey and a Lexus LS ..... never have I had such tick-tick body sounds, my Odyssey was 180,000 miles but never such bucket seat noise even though they have magic seat. Not sure, what I got myself into.

Has anyone else with a 2018 PACHY noticed the sound, it is a vivid tick-tick-tick sound and the dealer confirmed it is from the bucket seat when no one is sitting on it. Two ways it goes away, one if someone is sitting so they can hold the seat backrest firm while sitting or two if the seat is folded.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My van is pretty new still (about 6000 miles), so it is still pretty quiet. I do drive some rough roads though, and I think it is starting to exhibit some noises. Pretty much all my cars end up making rattles on the roads, so I'm trying to not be bothered by it.

Not sure if I have the same noise you are talking about, but I definitely notice vibration in the seats when they are empty. I wonder if changing the seatback angle would have an effect (maybe by compressing the seat foam differently).

I've also had cases where the seatbelt gets stowed against the wall of the car, and that will definitely cause rattles.

-T

·
Registered
190 Posts
If they can't fix your seat problem insist they REPLACE the seat. I bet all of a sudden they will be able to quite the already installed seat. Lots of so called service departments don't give service, you must push to actually get it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My PACHY has around 4000 miles, I agree you are right, the dealership is just washing the hands off the issue and blaming Chrysler for the problem. Taking zero ownership for the issue as a dealer. All they did is charged warranty hours to Chrysler and billed them to show they tried to fix the issue, took my signature on it.

I hope someone from Chrysler team is monitoring this alias and can help.

I tried calling him again with your recommendation froglips of changing the seat. First, he said all the PACHY make that noise so openly blaming Chrysler quality and then when I pushed it further he said you don't want to change the seat as it will make more noise then a factory installed. They don't recommend changing anything that is factory installed as they cant do as good a job as the robots that install it in the factory.

Chrysler team please help ..... :frown2:

·
Registered
279 Posts
@Pacyowner, send a PM (private message) to @ChryslerCares. Include your VIN, and the servicing dealership and an explanation of your issue. Explain to them that the dealership has more or less washed their hands of your complaint and you're not happy. I'm quite certain they'll open a file on your complaint and prod that dealership to be more responsive to you.

<

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
First, he said all the PACHY make that noise so openly blaming Chrysler quality
OMG - all this time (4.5 months/4900 miles) I thought I had a PacHy but maybe not because my 2nd row seats don't make ANY noise.

and then when I pushed it further he said you don't want to change the seat as it will make more noise then a factory installed. They don't recommend changing anything that is factory installed as they cant do as good a job as the robots that install it in the factory.
Let me get this straight - they can't do as good a job as the robots at the factory, but you can remove your seat and put it in your garage and then re-install it later. I've done that a few times, and I am not a factory robot and my seats don't make noise. I'd ask the dealer to humor you and swap one of those seats from one of those other PacHys on the lot and then take a test drive with you and see if the noise is still there - if it is, he may have a point, but if not, then your seat is clearly different. If he has any issues with removing a seat, point him to
to see how it is done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2018 PACIFICA HYBRID LIMITED last night and with less than 12 miles on it from the lot and loved everything about it until I had a chance to drive it without the kids in the back. That's when we heard the constant rattling that seems to be coming from the right passenger side in the rear. We've driven the van for about 100 miles only so this is terribly disappointing. I'll be spending my Memorial weekend at the dealership to say the least to have them resolve this. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING CHRYSLER!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I hope the cause isn't something one of your kids dropped....

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just got my 2018 PACIFICA HYBRID LIMITED last night and with less than 12 miles on it from the lot and loved everything about it until I had a chance to drive it without the kids in the back. That's when we heard the constant rattling that seems to be coming from the right passenger side in the rear. We've driven the van for about 100 miles only so this is terribly disappointing. I'll be spending my Memorial weekend at the dealership to say the least to have them resolve this. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING CHRYSLER!
Make sure your seat belt buckles are not "banging" up against the interior wall of the vehicle. Also be sure the third row seat belt is secured behind the "wall clip" when not in use, or it'll rattle.

<

·
Registered
996 Posts
I can fix almost any rattle with two little words:

DUCT TAPE​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. Im leasing the 2018 Limited trim and on day 2 while driving the PACHY in the evening to do an errand for the family I also heard the rattling noise from the rear. At first I thought it was the seatbelt attachments on the wall of the PACHY. Then I thought it was the paneling...Apparently there's nothing that can be done about this rattling noise in my case because dealership does not care. ..at least not the Dealership I got the car from. The comforting fact for me is I just need to tolerate this annoying rattling for 3 yrs and then return it. In retrospect, had I noticed the rattling noise, I wouldn't have spent my money on the PACHY. Although I really do like everything else about this mini van...but again, the rattling noise in a $50k vehicle is just unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes. Im leasing the 2018 Limited trim and on day 2 while driving the PACHY in the evening to do an errand for the family I also heard the rattling noise from the rear. At first I thought it was the seatbelt attachments on the wall of the PACHY. Then I thought it was the paneling...Apparently there's nothing that can be done about this rattling noise in my case because dealership does not care. ..at least not the Dealership I got the car from. The comforting fact for me is I just need to tolerate this annoying rattling for 3 yrs and then return it. In retrospect, had I noticed the rattling noise, I wouldn't have spent my money on the PACHY. Although I really do like everything else about this mini van...but again, the rattling noise in a $50k vehicle is just unacceptable.
I had a vibration in the back of the Pacifica that ended up being a tag on a bungee cord. Easy fix once I figured it out.

I don't have a hybrid, so this may be a long shot, but somehow a pencil got in the sliding door compartment under the floor and was rolling around for awhile before I could find it. I have no idea how that could have happened. I had checked the 2nd row stow and go wells that a gas Pacifica has, the back, and everywhere I could trying to figure out what was making that noise. Finally I checked the passenger side sliding door compartment (under the floor) from the outside with the door opened and found the pencil.

I hope the rattling stops in your van. You might also want to check the tire pressure gauge in the display if the van is new since the tires came over inflated on many owners' vans. Too much air might give a rougher ride and more vibrations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally figured out the rattling noise with a different dealer, it is due to the lever to fold the seat. It is loose and vibrates. It is due to bad design and cheap parts probably. The dealer acknowledged it and is now replacing the lever with a new part. you can feel the shake, try it. That also explains that the noise goes away when someone is sitting in the seat as it creates pressure with the weight of the person on the backrest.

I hope the new part once installed is good enough and stable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have the same problem with an empty PACHY seat. Was driving me nuts since the rest of the car is so quiet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SOLVED

I think this is it. FCA team needs to provide the new part or fix this part. I did put a small sponge piece behind the lever and it reduces the rattle. It looks bad to someone sitting in the cabin and one of our friend asked us about it too. They smiled and chuckled on FCA quality.

So now it is to FCA team to provide a fix ASAP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On mine, it was loose in the sense I can pull the lever out towards the door maybe 2 mm. Gave it good whack with my hand to push the lever against the seat and it's more firm now and the rattle is gone now.
My guess is that it might get loose after a few weeks. Will keep my ear out for the rattle. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts