2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a practical upgrade - this one is a softish rubber material. Not sure why this isn't std with pacificas (bean counters I suppose). Nobody wants to scratch up their paint loading things into the van...

When I was at the dealer I saw something similar on the durango SRT, but that was a brittle plastic.

This one comes with 3M double-sided tape for adhesion

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the same one, purchased directly from Sportwing. I just wonder why it is not an inch wider to cover the entire bumper. Dog nails will find that one bare inch, for sure! :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have the same one, purchased directly from Sportwing. I just wonder why it is not an inch wider to cover the entire bumper. Dog nails will find that one bare inch, for sure! :)
hmmm, I wonder if its the same one. When I look at the pictures in the Amazon link, it does cover the bumper.....??? Not cheap....$...

·
Registered
83 Posts
hmmm, I wonder if its the same one. When I look at the pictures in the Amazon link, it does cover the bumper.....??? Not cheap....$...
I noticed Sportwing answered questions related to the Amazon item, so I assume they are the vendors there as well. When the liftgate is down, you won't notice the gap, but when it's up (which is when I need the protection, there is a gap. I tried to mark it on the Amazon stock photo attached. Sorry for my primitive method. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not cheap....$...

@Longtimemopar, as for the price, the dealer quoted me $200 for the very same part and installation!! I thought it was something special and asked them to see a picture of it and when I saw that it was the same item I had already seen online, I declined gracefully. I, too, can peel a sticker, I'll have you know!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I noticed Sportwing answered questions related to the Amazon item, so I assume they are the vendors there as well. When the liftgate is down, you won't notice the gap, but when it's up (which is when I need the protection, there is a gap. I tried to mark it on the Amazon stock photo attached. Sorry for my primitive method. ;)
OK, I see what you mean: the vertical area. I don't think we will find a bumper protector that will cover that part. What about a heavy towel temporarily placed over the opening to keep your dogs from scratching that area ?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Most of the scratches are in the area most rearward, not in the area of the gap.
I had one on my Outbacks, Sienna, and now the Pacifica.
Well worth the money.
A bottle of touch up paint is 20 dollars!
I agree, the van should come with one, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most of the scratches are in the area most rearward, not in the area of the gap.
I had one on my Outbacks, Sienna, and now the Pacifica.
Well worth the money.
A bottle of touch up paint is 20 dollars!
I agree, the van should come with one, but it doesn't.
I agree that it's worth the money. I didn't mean to discount it. I am really glad to have it. I also have the bumper flap on the attached picture that I ordered with my floor liner for extra protection, when needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have a rear well liner from Weathertech, has a flap that protects and is available whether back seat is up or stowed.
Is the rear well liner mostly a cargo well cover, or can weight be put on it? How much weight is it rated for if weight can be put on it?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is the rear well liner mostly a cargo well cover, or can weight be put on it? How much weight is it rated for if weight can be put on it?
It sits at the bottom - the seats can be stowed with it in place, and with the bumper guard above the seats.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks. The photo made it look like it might be a shelf type piece. Always looking for ideas. I have the Mopar one that sits in the bottom.
"The photo made it look like it might be a shelf type piece."
It sure does. I will need to look at the picture and the cargo area of my Pacifica.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks. The photo made it look like it might be a shelf type piece. Always looking for ideas. I have the Mopar one that sits in the bottom.
The picture is not from a pacifica - it just shows the concept of the bumper guard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the installer add paint protection film to cover the area back there. Apparently XCEL film has a template for it already, so the installer used it to cut the Llumar PPF that was used on my van. I have the film across the complete front and hood, the A pillars and across the roof about 4", side mirrors, and door handle cups. It's not cheap, but there's peace of mind in having it, especially with trucks and the crap they throw behind them, road rocks, etc. I had film on my truck and it looked like new for many years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You probably already figured this out, but I'll reply for any future viewers. Just go to weathertech.com (or google weathertech) and put your year and model into the top of the page.
I don't see it on weathertech.com, but I did find it on ebay. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts