2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 Touring L Plus. The rear seat entertainment screens work using any type of video (blue ray and usb movies) and using the are we there yet app. Any other type of game app (checkers, solitaire) causes the screen to go black. It is not an issue of the brightness turned all the way down (already happened once and I fixed it - not sure why any programmer in their right mind would allow you to completely black out your screen rendering it useless, that's another story). I've downloaded the most recent uconnect update and installed it, still nothing. Any ideas? Or should I take it in to the service dept? Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had similar issues with the games, took it to the dealer and after a couple of trips they finally replaced the VRM unit under the passengers side seat. Been working great ever since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had similar issues with the games, took it to the dealer and after a couple of trips they finally replaced the VRM unit under the passengers side seat. Been working great ever since.
Two and a half years later, this exact thing is still a problem on our 2021 Pacifica hybrid

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two and a half years later, this exact thing is still a problem on our 2021 Pacifica hybrid
I got my new Chrysler Pacifica hybrid limited last month. Blue ray works great in my minivan. But same issue with games app. Not a single app is working. Screen goes black as soon as I click any game.
we were about to take long road trip and 3 kids in the car can’t use it. I felt very bad. I contacted Uconnect but got no help and they asked to visit dealership. All the dealerships have 2 to 4 weeks of wait time to get an appointment. Very frustrating experience

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my new Chrysler Pacifica hybrid limited last month. Blue ray works great in my minivan. But same issue with games app. Not a single app is working. Screen goes black as soon as I click any game.
we were about to take long road trip and 3 kids in the car can’t use it. I felt very bad. I contacted Uconnect but got no help and they asked to visit dealership. All the dealerships have 2 to 4 weeks of wait time to get an appointment. Very frustrating experience
Just took my Pacifica to the dealer to have it looked at. They brought out a service bulletin from June 2021 that basically says they’re working on a “tentative” VRM software enhancement in the 3rd quarter of 2021. So any day now? And how do I get informed when they have it?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just took my Pacifica to the dealer to have it looked at. They brought out a service bulletin from June 2021 that basically says they’re working on a “tentative” VRM software enhancement in the 3rd quarter of 2021. So any day now? And how do I get informed when they have it?
It is already available.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Odd that the dealer didn’t see it then, and so far as I can tell it has not been fixed by an over the air update.
This update requires the dealer to update. This will not be pushed OTA. The VRM is a separate module from the main Uconnect system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would you suggest calling the dealer with that service bulletin number then, seeing as they couldn’t find it on their own?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes, and when you go take a printed copy with you as well.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,401 Posts
Any updates? I am having the same issue in my 2021.
Just do the same thing. Print off the TSB posted above and take it to your dealer and have them update the VRM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just do the same thing. Print off the TSB posted above and take it to your dealer and have them update the VRM.
unfortunately, since my last posting I have not had the opportunity to follow up with the dealer. I hope to be able to within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting that I sent an email to MOPAR customer service last Friday (the second time I did that - after the first time they had told me that they would send me an email once the update was available), and they still say they will send me an email once the update is available.

Are we positive that this is the update that fixes the issue with apps/games?

·
Registered
4 Posts
unfortunately, since my last posting I have not had the opportunity to follow up with the dealer. I hope to be able to within the next couple of weeks.
I just made an appointment for mid-September. I will post my experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: I got the update done and the games are working again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts