2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does the back seat "open up/fold down" so that it can be used as a bed?
No. But it does recline pretty far and is quite comfortable if there isn't much tall stuff in behind the seats preventing them from reclining

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nope, you have to go with the Sienna or Sedona if you want those fancy airline seats!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well dang, I was hoping to be able to park at family members house, plug in and sleep overnight; since they don't have room in the house.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Well dang, I was hoping to be able to park at family members house, plug in and sleep overnight; since they don't have room in the house.
Stow all the seats and there would be tons of room for an air mattress.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did you consider folding the seats down and using an air mattress? The Pacifica makes it convenient with the Stow "n Go seats and the supplied air compressor for the spare tire/tire repair kit can be used to blow up the air mattress. The air compressor comes with a couple adapters.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Roof rack modification? Think Aunt Edna..

My wife has a Honda element where the seats actually do sort of fold to a bed. I've always wanted to do the e-camper conversion where they basically make the car into a mini pop up camper.

regarding car camping, if you are going to take the trouble to remove all of your gear, fold the seats in, then blow up an air mattress, would it be just as easy at that point to just bring a tent?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It does recline enough to sleep in, like on an airliner. Not the fancy Emirates first class, but business, yes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
regarding car camping, if you are going to take the trouble to remove all of your gear, fold the seats in, then blow up an air mattress, would it be just as easy at that point to just bring a tent?
It probably would be just as easy or easier to just bring a tent. But I did prefer sleeping in my van several times at an annual week long event where the camping was essentially in a mowed field. The area typically had at least two late afternoon or night thunderstorm with strong winds during the week. Being in the van I did not have to worry about flooded ground or the wind blowing down my shelter. If things got too hot and humid, running the AC for just a little while before bed time made a huge difference. Can't do that in a tent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually considering the Hybrid, which I understand doesn't have the stow & go seats for the 2nd row. I wonder whether there would be enough room for an air mattress behind them though (not a bad suggestion if there is)?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion remind me on Town & Country didn't​ they used to have a feature call tailgating where you fold the back seat halfway through facing to tailgate? Whatever happened to this feature on Pacifica?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another question I like to know is the limited version trim there is a light on both side of the mirror,do those lighted it up pretty well at night? Because on Tour L Plus it's pretty dark on the side for 360 cameras at night.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was actually considering the Hybrid, which I understand doesn't have the stow & go seats for the 2nd row. I wonder whether there would be enough room for an air mattress behind them though (not a bad suggestion if there is)?

I believe those seats are removable, but also slide fore and aft, I think there would still be the possibility to have quite a bit of room, even without removing them.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion remind me on Town & Country didn't​ they used to have a feature call tailgating where you fold the back seat halfway through facing to tailgate? Whatever happened to this feature on Pacifica?
Yes, the T&C had a tailgate setting for the 3rd row seats. That's one of many things that didn't make it over to the Pacifica.

Another question I like to know is the limited version trim there is a light on both side of the mirror,do those lighted it up pretty well at night? Because on Tour L Plus it's pretty dark on the side for 360 cameras at night.
Those puddle lights work well for providing some light as you're walking up to the vehicle, but they don't do anything to help illuminate the 360 cameras at night.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Its too bad the side lights don't turn on for the 360 camera. Now that I've changed my back up lights to the LED lights recommended by the forum, it glaring how dark the sides are at night!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts