2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
157 Posts
Service manager finally spoke to someone at FCA about what went into my van. It's the exact same battery but with new software that supposedly prevents/limits overheating? He wasn't clear on the details of what exactly it does, but he was surprised to hear that FCA wants to see how the new software does... because customers aren't really supposed to be guinea pigs. Anyway, he said someone from the recall team will reach out to me soon to tell me if I'm still under the recall or not.
Any updates on either FCA's communication with you since May or your experience with the new battery?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well no one from FCA ever followed up with me as to whether my vehicle was removed from the terms of the recall. (I even called them...) So, it's been sitting in my driveway and the rental Pacifica remains an annoying fixture at my house. Have not charged the battery once since getting it back. Getting ready to trade it in for something less practical and less risky to my house and family as soon as the 2023 deliveries start. I'm fully over Chrysler and this whole issue. Not going to drive a rental into the winter and risk my insurance rate.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I heard Chrysler is offering a $100 per month gift card until the recall is addressed. Is it true?
Finally finished playing phone tag with my Chrysler Cares rep. I will be getting $200 a month until the recall is done, I get rid of the car, or I die, whichever comes first.

This will be initiated each month with an email. I assume you'll have to confirm you still own it to get each months gift card.

It at least pays for the extra fuel costs, but I don't think it does enough for the increased depreciation of the vehicle or addresses the reduced proceeds should one decide to sell while the vehicle is still under recall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally finished playing phone tag with my Chrysler Cares rep. I will be getting $200 a month until the recall is done, I get rid of the car, or I die, whichever comes first.

This will be initiated each month with an email. I assume you'll have to confirm you still own it to get each months gift card.

It at least pays for the extra fuel costs, but I don't think it does enough for the increased depreciation of the vehicle or addresses the reduced proceeds should one decide to sell while the vehicle is still under recall.
And just to be clear that isn't rental reimbursement. @ChryslerCares how can others get this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can never get my Chrysler recall rep on the phone. I call and leave messages and that’s it, No $100 gift card, no discussion of rental, and no buyback option nor repair option. I have to say I’m not happy. And to trade it in for a new Pacifica hybrid, there is a $2,000 inventive but the price is up $10,000 - the math does not work. Need better work from the Chrysler team. It’s not like these vehicles were cheap to begin with. I expect better.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
24 Posts
The wording of my notification which came on 8/11 was that I qualified for the monthly $200 gift card. Previously I was given a $100 card. I remain enrolled (starting 2nd month) with their rental reimbursement program, but yet to receive first month’s reimbursement

·
Registered
142 Posts
And just to be clear that isn't rental reimbursement. @ChryslerCares how can others get this?
Contact Chrysler Cares and tactfully complain about your increased fuel costs due to not being able to charge. You can throw in increased depreciation, loss of value when selling, and anything else, too. They will likely offer the $200/mth gift card.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
24 Posts
I’ve only just started my 2nd month with the rental program. I was told two to four weeks to be reimbursed and that’s post their internal submission which took almost a week after they received my receipts. I too have not been able to reach my rep. (voicemail full), assuming on vacation.
Anybody out there actually receive a reimbursement check?

I too am in the exact same boat, however I’m on my 5th month of renting a vehicle. I had to ask for a manager above my case manager when my first 2 rental checks did not arrive when she kept telling me that they would. After escalating my case I was written the 2 checks. Now I haven‘t received my 3rd or 4th month check and called to inquire to find out that FCA had closed my case without telling me OR paying me. After posting a question to Chrysler Cares in this forum I finally received some communication that it was being looked into and they reopened my case with a new case number. I happen to receive a phone call from someone other than my CM to tell me about the $200 gift card they are now doing month over month, I asked her about my CM, she said she would message her to call me. Guess what… NO PHONE CALL! The lady from this forum representing Chrysler Cares told me that my case was closed due to inactivity; odd since I’m calling and emailing weekly to inquire about the status of my reimbursement checks. I just want what FCA promised they would do for me while I wait out this recall. Sadly, my van has to park outside in the 120 degree heat and hail further depreciating its value. It’s always been well cared for parked in my garage and now that is not possible.
While suffering through this recall and all its tribulations my other vehicle was hit with the same recall. 2021 Ford Expedition Max posed a fire risk and was under the same implications of not being parked in a structure or near other vehicles. Ford handled this with such ease, grace and kindness; something that I’ve yet to experience from FCA. Ford immediately issued me a rental of the exact same size, make and model, parked my vehicle on their lot while Ford figured out a solution to the issue. They called me after 3 months to tell me that not only had they found the solution, but already ordered the parts and installed them on my vehicle. It had been detailed and was ready for me to pick up at my earliest convenience with a $500 gift card. Talk about winning over a customer for a lifetime.

I’m so frustrated at this point that the stress this recall has imposed on my life is beyond explainable. Having to go through so many hoops and checks and balances is not how you should treat a loyal customer. The rare situtaion I found myself in when having 2 vehicles jailed under similar recall restrictions was quite the eye opener. Two completely separate manufacturers, two completely separate type engines (ICE and PHEV), and two VASTLY different experiences. Ford did it right. FCA not even close.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Contact Chrysler Cares and tactfully complain about your increased fuel costs due to not being able to charge. You can throw in increased depreciation, loss of value when selling, and anything else, too. They will likely offer the $200/mth gift card.
I sent an email from FCA Customer Care | Mopar Repair Connect. Hopefully they get back in touch with me about a monthly gift card as @ChryslerCares will not respond to me on this forum about the recall.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I’ve only just started my 2nd month with the rental program. I was told two to four weeks to be reimbursed and that’s post their internal submission which took almost a week after they received my receipts. I too have not been able to reach my rep. (voicemail full), assuming on vacation.
Anybody out there actually receive a reimbursement check?
Hey TheodoreL,
Sorry to hear your CM has been hard to reach! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN or case number, we'd be happy to help get ahold of them.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
24 Posts
Hey TheodoreL,
Sorry to hear your CM has been hard to reach! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN or case number, we'd be happy to help get ahold of them.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares
Hey TheodoreL,

Sarah
Chrysler Cares
Sarah
CM, Jenelle (X 4062071), voicemail still full. Case # 83325800, still no check for 1st month rental reimbursement. Appreciate any assistance, thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I called in and said I was calling about Z11 and the agent said he'd check with a dealer to schedule the replacement. When I explained that the notice said there's no remedy I started to hear some typing and then he said he'd put me in line for the replacement part whenever it becomes available. When I calmly started to explain that I was concerned about the safety of the vehicle he hung up on me! I was clear and calm and at no point did I raise my voice, say anything offensive or profane or even express any level of tone or attitude. I'm baffled as to why some people are getting $200/mo and I got hung up on. In any case it's now been six months and I feel like I'm no closer to a resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, no gift card has appeared for July nor August. The Z11 rep is, I suspect, overwhelmed, and the regular reps have no idea about the process other than taking information and forwarding it on. No word on a fix, a buyback, or even about these gift cards - $100? $200? Monthly? Is there any fix on the horizon? We have held off on the rental because it is just one more botheration to deal with - forms, reimbursements. What I would love is to know how much longer we will wait and really, if no end in sight for a repair, Chrysler should provide an alternative solution. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Sarah
CM, Jenelle (X 4062071), voicemail still full. Case # 83325800, still no check for 1st month rental reimbursement. Appreciate any assistance, thank you.
Hey TheodoreL,
Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get ahold of her! According to your file, your reimbursement is being processed and should be to you within 2-4 weeks from submission.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I called in and said I was calling about Z11 and the agent said he'd check with a dealer to schedule the replacement. When I explained that the notice said there's no remedy I started to hear some typing and then he said he'd put me in line for the replacement part whenever it becomes available. When I calmly started to explain that I was concerned about the safety of the vehicle he hung up on me! I was clear and calm and at no point did I raise my voice, say anything offensive or profane or even express any level of tone or attitude. I'm baffled as to why some people are getting $200/mo and I got hung up on. In any case it's now been six months and I feel like I'm no closer to a resolution.
Hi Rusty,
Sorry to hear about this. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN. We'd be happy to open a case for you to receive monthly gift cards.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Well, no gift card has appeared for July nor August. The Z11 rep is, I suspect, overwhelmed, and the regular reps have no idea about the process other than taking information and forwarding it on. No word on a fix, a buyback, or even about these gift cards - $100? $200? Monthly? Is there any fix on the horizon? We have held off on the rental because it is just one more botheration to deal with - forms, reimbursements. What I would love is to know how much longer we will wait and really, if no end in sight for a repair, Chrysler should provide an alternative solution. Very frustrating.
Hey JenniferH.,
Sorry to hear you haven't received your gift card yet! Sadly, at this time we don't have any updates to share on the timeline for this recall, but if you'd like to send us a PM with your VIN or case number we'd be happy to look into the status of your gift cards.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sarah,

I just took my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid to my local dealer today to get my shifter serviced and I was informed about the hybrid battery recall issued in Feb. Other than telling me not to charge it, they had no other helpful information to offer. Doing some research I came across this forum. I am in the same boat as others. I drive 30 miles morning and afternoon to run to school and do errands and the battery range is a perfect fit for our lifestyle. Not being able to utilize it will cost us an extra $300 per month. A gift card would be VERY helpful and would help my patience while FCA does their due diligence on the fix.

What's the best method to get that ball rolling?
Thanks

281 - 300 of 315 Posts