2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
141 - 160 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
The X-sense smoke alarms are quite small. When the weather improves I will mount it on the headliner behind the sunroof - almost directly over the battery compartment. Until then it is wedged in the sunglasses holder - obviously not closed. The recommended temperature range is only 100F, I believe to get a 5-year battery life. I will test performance on a hot day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe the major concern with the thermal runaway is between battery cells. I wonder if battery cooling prevents this.
It doesn’t. A pouch cell of this size will generate ~5-25W continuous heat during normal operation. That’s what the cooling system is sized for. During a runaway, that turns into ~600,000 joules evolved over about ten seconds, or 60,000W. The cooling system is negligible compared to heat loss through hot gases and conduction to neighbor cells.

In full pack runaways like this vehicle the aluminum cooling plates are simply vaporized when this happens. It makes no difference to runaway propagation between cells.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had two Chevy Bolts under the recall. We ended up selling them on the used market instead of waiting for the GM buyback that was going so slow.

I’m interested in a buyback here but not sure we’ll see the end of this anytime soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve had two Chevy Bolts under the recall. We ended up selling them on the used market instead of waiting for the GM buyback that was going so slow.

I’m interested in a buyback here but not sure we’ll see the end of this anytime soon.
@cfo314 did you have trouble selling them given the nature of the recall (and assuming they hadn't been repaired yet)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dear $me

This email is to initiate the rental reimbursement process. We understand that you feel inconvenienced by having to use the fuel functionality of your vehicle despite it's hybrid nature. Having said that rental vehicles are not a provision of the recall or the manufacturer’s warranty, but given your situation we do have a special rental reimbursement program available. You would have to rent a vehicle out of pocket and send in the rental invoice, and we would then be able to reimburse up to $60.00 dollars a day plus tax. If you are interested in the program then I can begin the approval process on my side, so please let me know.
Wow, the lawyer who wrote the text for this rental program email must be something else. We are all definitionally inconvenienced by virtue of having to drive more often to get gas, let alone the minor inconvenience of "my car might burn down my house if I don't park far enough away".

Fwiw according to the dash we are averaging something like 21 mpg lately. All those short trips that normally would be all battery aren't anymore.

edit: also, they used an incorrect form of "its". Sigh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, the lawyer who wrote the text for this rental program email must be something else. We are all definitionally inconvenienced by virtue of having to drive more often to get gas, let alone the minor inconvenience of "my car might burn down my house if I don't park far enough away".

Fwiw according to the dash we are averaging something like 21 mpg lately. All those short trips that normally would be all battery aren't anymore.
Due to the risk of fire and burning the house down, we are now parking the minivan outside, far from any structures. I've always kept my minivan in the garage protected from the elements. Now we are entering into hail season... that's another problem that I have in addition to starting to go back to the gas stations frequently. :(

Does anybody know when Chrysler is going to provide a solution to this problem? Are we talking about months, or years?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Edited based on a new email from FCA: I spoke with my case manager yesterday and she said there was no new update. Also, it's been exceedingly frustrating to find a rental within the amount authorized. I asked about the following fees which all the rental agencies near me require:
Concession and Recovery Fee 11.11%
Customer Facility Charge $4/day
Energy Recovery Fee $0.79/day
Philadelphia car rental tax 2%
Pennsylvania car rental tax 2%
State Surcharge 3%

At first She confirmed to me via that they won't pay any of the fees that are required at airport-rental locations, but she has since stated that they will pay these. They're gonna pay a stupid amount of money per month on this program until the fix. Crazy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I started a case with ChryslerCares on here by DMing them but there may be other avenues to accomplish the same thing.
thanks,
FYI, through my employer we have a deal with enterprise, and the monthly rate comes out to $54/day for a pacifica van or similar. The deal covers all insurances also. Without that deal though the monthly rate is $3600

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Edited based on a new email from FCA: I spoke with my case manager yesterday and she said there was no new update. Also, it's been exceedingly frustrating to find a rental within the amount authorized. I asked about the following fees which all the rental agencies near me require:
Concession and Recovery Fee 11.11%
Customer Facility Charge $4/day
Energy Recovery Fee $0.79/day
Philadelphia car rental tax 2%
Pennsylvania car rental tax 2%
State Surcharge 3%

At first She confirmed to me via that they won't pay any of the fees that are required at airport-rental locations, but she has since stated that they will pay these. They're gonna pay a stupid amount of money per month on this program until the fix. Crazy.
Can you send us a message with your VIN or case? We would be happy to look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is Chrysler selling new PacHys now in wake of the recall?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 247 Posts