2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
161 - 180 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now that I have to park my car out in the cold, I have an engine service light U1124 Battery heater,
If my battery heater isn't working does that mean my car won't catch on fire?
or will it catch on fire sooner, since there is nothing to cool the battery down?
Car Was recieved 5/4/2017 And was last in for recalls on 4/2020 for front hood recall.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
Now that I have to park my car out in the cold, I have an engine service light U1124 Battery heater,
If my battery heater isn't working does that mean my car won't catch on fire?
or will it catch on fire sooner, since there is nothing to cool the battery down?
Car Was recieved 5/4/2017 And was last in for recalls on 4/2020 for front hood recall.
This is often a problem with a low voltage signal connector on the OBCM. There’s an RRT for it to swap the connector. RRT 18-026. Might want to ask the dealer about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here’s my issue, I was filling up my tank every 4-6 weeks since I could get to work and back on a charge and now I’m filling up every 7-10 days (which is not terrible, but with gas prices what they are not the savings I have been getting). Now they say don’t charge the battery because it can explode… so now I feel like where is the value that I had been sold on? They’re offering a car rental allowance of $60/day… what would that get me? Maybe some piece of mind, but the risk is when you keep charging it, so that doesn’t seem like a fair trade off. Then it’s $100 gift card, which is about 3-4 gas refills. So, if they could resolve it in 2 months that may be fair, but they have no idea. Then it’s $1000-2000 incentive toward new Chrysler… so not worth it since we all know how much they mark up the cars with fees. Then I’m not even eligible for the $7500k incentive since that’s a one and doner and used it for this “lemon.” Now I can’t even park it in my garage and living in Western PA it’s now exposed to more elements causing even more depreciation. I feel like Chrysler just lost a customer and I will be reaching out to consumer attorneys about this… I just started a formal complaint and told them that their offers were under par… if a resolution can’t be offered than I will see where I can take this because this just isn’t right! I understand that things happen, but their current handling of this is unacceptable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! I’ll look into reaching out too, but to be honest I just want a fair resolution…fix the issue now or offer a buy back credit for the vehicle at cost toward new comparable vehicle, but that would be too easy. Im not looking for a handout, but when you pay almost 40k for something and it’s broken (not delivering as promised) and can’t be fixed than I should be offered a fair incentive for me to consider maintaining my trust with the company/product.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
21 Posts
… Then I’m not even eligible for the $7500k incentive since that’s a one and doner and used it for this “lemon.” …
I can’t address your other concerns, but it’s a common misconception that the $7500 tax credit is a one time thing. You can claim it for multiple cars, and there is no recapture if you later sell the car. You just have to not have bought the car specifically for the purpose of resale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can’t address your other concerns, but it’s a common misconception that the $7500 tax credit is a one time thing. You can claim it for multiple cars, and there is no recapture if you later sell the car. You just have to not have bought the car specifically for the purpose of resale.
Thank you… I was under the impression it was like the 1st time home buyer credit. Good to know that we could use it again if it’s still offered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here’s my issue, I was filling up my tank every 4-6 weeks since I could get to work and back on a charge and now I’m filling up every 7-10 days (which is not terrible, but with gas prices what they are not the savings I have been getting). Now they say don’t charge the battery because it can explode… so now I feel like where is the value that I had been sold on? They’re offering a car rental allowance of $60/day… what would that get me? Maybe some piece of mind, but the risk is when you keep charging it, so that doesn’t seem like a fair trade off. Then it’s $100 gift card, which is about 3-4 gas refills. So, if they could resolve it in 2 months that may be fair, but they have no idea. Then it’s $1000-2000 incentive toward new Chrysler… so not worth it since we all know how much they mark up the cars with fees. Then I’m not even eligible for the $7500k incentive since that’s a one and doner and used it for this “lemon.” Now I can’t even park it in my garage and living in Western PA it’s now exposed to more elements causing even more depreciation. I feel like Chrysler just lost a customer and I will be reaching out to consumer attorneys about this… I just started a formal complaint and told them that their offers were under par… if a resolution can’t be offered than I will see where I can take this because this just isn’t right! I understand that things happen, but their current handling of this is unacceptable.
how do you get a credit?I’d be open to that And also trying the class action.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can any one share the contact number to Canadian customer service to open the case and understand when we can get any resolution.
Have any one tried Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan to get a resolution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got a call from Chrysler yesterday asking if I'd be willing to swap out my battery pack for them to study the old ones. (I have an early 2018.) They're shipping a battery to my dealer. I realize I'll be excluded from future resolution offers, but I'm tired of having to search for rental cars each month and the risk to my insurance if something happens to said rental. Hopefully I can get a new battery and have the option to sell the van if I choose.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Got a call from Chrysler yesterday asking if I'd be willing to swap out my battery pack for them to study the old ones. (I have an early 2018.) They're shipping a battery to my dealer. I realize I'll be excluded from future resolution offers, but I'm tired of having to search for rental cars each month and the risk to my insurance if something happens to said rental. Hopefully I can get a new battery and have the option to sell the van if I choose.
That’s very interesting. What do you suppose the reason is for why they chose you specifically?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only question he asked was how many miles my car had (low 40K). It was a miracle I didn't assume the call from Michigan was spam and block it. Wish I knew a better reason why they called me. He seemed genuinely grateful for me to opt in so I'm not sure if others have declined or not. Or maybe it's a bad deal and I didn't ask enough tough questions.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
You'll only be excluded assuming the recall doesn't expand to all model years. And if they find that its actually just a problem with the older batteries and not the newer ones, then you got an early fix! You won't have had to wait a year or more to get a new one installed! And if the problem isn't the HV battery at all, then you just got a brand new battery for free! This seems like all upside to me.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You'll only be excluded assuming the recall doesn't expand to all model years. And if they find that its actually just a problem with the older batteries and not the newer ones, then you got an early fix! You won't have had to wait a year or more to get a new one installed! And if the problem isn't the HV battery at all, then you just got a brand new battery for free! This seems like all upside to me.
Yeah, we hope it works out well for you!

161 - 180 of 247 Posts