2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NHTSA posted a recall campaign that'll start September 28. I had this posted on another thread, but it should probably have it's own since many owners have discussed random stalling issues. Hopefully this fully addresses this concern once and for all.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V524000

Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)

Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 12,779

Summary

Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Renegade, Compass and Grand Cherokee, RAM 1500 and Promaster, Fiat 500x, Dodge Journey, Challenger, Charger and Durango and Chrysler 300x vehicles, 2017-2018 Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles and 2018-2019 Jeep Cherokee and Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The powertrain control module may be equipped with a voltage regulator chip in the circuit board that may fail, causing a stall or a no start condition.

Remedy

Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the powertrain control module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 28, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U87.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I brought mine to the shop today and we will see if they're going to perform this for me, as I'm on the list of stalling vehicles. :-( Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
This seems to be the exact same issue that happened to me today, I have a 2018 Pacifica Limited that I purchased in December. But Mopar.com says no recalls available for my car.

How can I check?

My car basically stalled at a red light on a highway exit ramp. Would not re-engage. Even after turning off, it would not start again with a check engine light. After 5 minutes or so, it worked... It is unusually cold out today (single digits) but that shouldn't be the issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
GREAT! Another recall that is still not on the radar for my 2018 Pacifica Limited, Manf Date: 18 Dec 2017. Had it in for routine oil change in December and the dealer said nothing was showing in the computer as pending for my vehicle/VIN. I read the Recall sheet (thanks for the link m0ebius604) and didn't find anything that would give a hint of why or not any particular vehicle might be included in the recall. Anyone have intell on that and maybe when we should raise the flag with FCA on not getting the notice? Hopefully, mine won't be included and my vehicle won't have to relearn something again. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I brought mine to the shop today and we will see if they're going to perform this for me, as I'm on the list of stalling vehicles. :-( Thanks!
So mine isn't on the recall list. :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
harrysiii
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing