2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my vehicle in for service, so thought I'd do a check for recalls by VIN. Looks like there is a new one out, but doesn't appear to have a remedy at this time.

Feb 28,2019
Manufacturer Recall Number: V15
NHTSA Recall Number: 19V-143
Recall Status: Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Summary
A combination of loss of clamp load and inadequate joint engagement could result in a separation of the right front lower control arm from the steering knuckle.

Safety Risk
If the right lower control arm separates from the steering knuckle, the driver may experience a loss of directional control. A loss of directional control can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.

Remedy
Inspect the right front knuckle and lower control arm for damage and replace as needed, and to replace the right front lower control arm knuckle pinch bolt with a larger-diameter pinch bolt.

Manufacturer's Notes
For more information, visit recalls.mopar.com or call 1-800-853-1403. Please have your VIN ready when calling.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just checked online and it's on my recall list too. Looks like this problem affects both gas and hybrid.
Ditto - build date 11/2017

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ours is not listed. Build date 04/10/2018.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same status here with my 2018 Pacifica Manf Date: 18 Dec 2017. But can't get any info from any sources for when the inspect and repair procedure might be possible. I'm betting they could inspect the parts (heck, don't inspect - just pull the old and replace) but don't have enough replacement parts "in the bin" to handle the sudden draw for them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just checked online and it's on my recall list too. Looks like this problem affects both gas and hybrid.
We need to get that VIN lookup tool URL stickied here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had my vehicle in for service, so thought I'd do a check for recalls by VIN. Looks like there is a new one out, but doesn't appear to have a remedy at this time.

Feb 28,2019
Manufacturer Recall Number: V15
NHTSA Recall Number: 19V-143
Recall Status: Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Summary
A combination of loss of clamp load and inadequate joint engagement could result in a separation of the right front lower control arm from the steering knuckle.

Safety Risk
If the right lower control arm separates from the steering knuckle, the driver may experience a loss of directional control. A loss of directional control can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.

Remedy
Inspect the right front knuckle and lower control arm for damage and replace as needed, and to replace the right front lower control arm knuckle pinch bolt with a larger-diameter pinch bolt.

Manufacturer's Notes
For more information, visit recalls.mopar.com or call 1-800-853-1403. Please have your VIN ready when calling.

Not knit picking just wishing to clarify as you wrote "doesn't appear to have a remedy at this time." but pasted a paragraph which is titled Remedy and describes what needs to be done.

I am wondering if you meant to write that parts are not available because that is message that I saw when I entered my VIN to search for recalls - see below. I also got the same message via a link on my monthly VHR email.

Curious to hear if anyone has had this repair completed and how long it takes - it sounds like a day long job which usually means 2 days without the car.

Recall Status
Incomplete but repair parts are not available

Get Notified When Parts are Available

you can view online via this link (which I cannot post given too few posts) mopar dot com forward slash en-us forward slash my-vehicle forward slash recalls forward slash results.html#

·
Registered
409 Posts
I filled out the request to get notified when parts are available with the dealership I use. I'll be sure to pass along anything if I hear any more about it.

Additionally - I'm curious.... if you lost control and wrecked as a result of the control arm do you get a new van under warranty?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I'll be damned, I wanted to book an appointment for noise on the front right corner. I hear it at low speeds mostly, like ice build up but I was getting convinced it wasn't that.
I checked my VIN and I'm affected by the recall too. I knew there was something up with that corner...

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My VHR email today has a notification about this recall. But when I click "Details" it says "Page not found". When using the VIN lookup URL above, it says my vehicle is included but parts are not available. I'll be by my dealer tomorrow. I'll stop in & see what they say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Full details from the NHTSA recall summary

See static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V143-9554.PDF for full details.
Some 2018 MY Chrysler Pacifica vehicles may experience a separation of the right
front lower control arm ball joint stud from the steering knuckle.
The suspect period began at Windsor Assembly Plant with vehicles built on
November 1, 2017, which experienced an increase in warranty claims for buzz,
squeak, and rattle relating to the suspect joint. The suspect period ended with
vehicles built on February 28, 2018, after which the warranty claims declined.
Warranty claim records were used to identify the suspect period.
Similar vehicles not included in the recall were manufactured before or after the
suspect period
So recall is only from Nov 1 2017 to Feb 28 2018

·
Registered
30 Posts
My VHR email today has a notification about this recall. But when I click "Details" it says "Page not found". When using the VIN lookup URL above, it says my vehicle is included but parts are not available. I'll be by my dealer tomorrow. I'll stop in & see what they say.
I stopped by the dealer & they didn't have much to say. They didn't have parts & I should wait until I get a notice in the mail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received a health report on my 2018 PacHy which told me to take immediate action for the V15 recall. I made an appointment, then found out that they won’t have the part for several months. This worries me and also makes me a little mad. How dangerous is this? Are my family and I safe in this vehicle?
Hey Chrysler- let’s get on the ball and get these repair parts out!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cost of Doing Business

I received a health report on my 2018 PacHy which told me to take immediate action for the V15 recall. I made an appointment, then found out that they won’t have the part for several months. This worries me and also makes me a little mad. How dangerous is this? Are my family and I safe in this vehicle?
Hey Chrysler- let’s get on the ball and get these repair parts out!!!!!
It appears the FCA has determined that a quick solution to this dangerous problem is more expensive than the price of a few accidents...:frown2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I received the official Recall Nofication Letter from FCA, US, LLC. I called my local dealer (Fruitland Park, FL) to check on availability of parts for the fix of this Recall. As expected, the notification letter does NOT mean they have the parts for this action yet. They are gathering a list of customers who bought Pacificas from them or call them and will be calling people to schedule input of the vehicles when the parts are available. I imagine the dealers kind of "hate" it when the public gets those letters before the dealers have the parts/tools to perform the inspections and/or repairs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts