2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received only 1 regular FOB and 1 Keysense. I didn't know what keysense was prior to purchasing this car, and its completely useless to me.

I read an older thread here that it is supposed to include 2 regular FOBs, and I wanted to see if the new owners got 2 keys. I contacted Chrysler Cares here, and they said 2 keys is not standard and a special option you have to request when purchasing. Which seems like a whole bunch of hogwash to me. I have purchased over a dozen cars in my lifetime, and NEVER has a car come with only 1 standard key. Yes, I consider myself only having one key because Keysense is absolutely useless.

Chrysler's reply to me:
I have looked into this a little further for you and as I explained to you we typically do not work with the sales department, we work with the service department for vehicle repairs. However I have been advised that it should say in your sales agreement how many keys you would get with your vehicle. Not all vehicles come with 2 standard keys so it does depend what your sales agreement states

Once you check into your sales agreement please let me know the update.

Thank You,

Brianne | FCA Case Manager
|

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should definitely get a set of 2 normal keys, plus the key sense key.
If you did not get this, you must get the dealer to find, or pay for adding the second normal key.
I believe some of the lower trims do not come with a key sense key, but should come with two sets of normal keys.
Ideally, delivery should have been refused if two normal keys were not given to you with the van.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should definitely get a set of 2 normal keys, plus the key sense key.
If you did not get this, you must get the dealer to find, or pay for adding the second normal key.
I believe some of the lower trims do not come with a key sense key, but should come with two sets of normal keys.
Ideally, delivery should have been refused if two normal keys were not given to you with the van.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, I didn't know what keysense was. I just assumed it was a 2nd standard key when I picked it up. what really sucks is, I handed in a trade-in. And made sure to give them 2 keys on the tradein. And they even thanked me for the 2nd key, because a lot of customers don't hand it over. I could've easily kept it and reprogrammed for my other hondas as a spare key.

·
Registered
2020 PacHy Limited | Maximum Steel | Tri-Pane Sunroof and Advanced Safety Tech
28 Posts
When I bought my 2018 PacHy, I got one regular and one key sense. When I brought my 2020 PacHy two days ago, I got two regular and one key sense.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
114 Posts
My 2020 pac came with 3 fobs, after reading this, I assume one is a keysense.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just got a 2020. Two regular keys and one keysense. It may depend what year that you got.or if you bought new or used.

·
Registered
2020 35th Anniversary Touring L Plus
18 Posts
Definitely 2 regular and one keysense. Plus I believe you will need 2 regular in order to program a new backup/replacement key.

The dealer is likely so used to giving out 2 keys that they're insensitive to the difference with keysense.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We got 2 regular and 1 KeySense but we had to flag this as an issue at delivery. They initially said there were only two. After about 90 seconds of looking around they found the third key buried in a pile of crap.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'm not sure what that Case Manager was saying about a sales agreement that calls for only one standard key. All cars I have ever heard of come with two keys when delivered new.

I have heard of used car dealers that cater to very poor credit risks keeping a key to make repos easier. They also usually install a tracking device in the vehicle. However I can't imagine this applies to a new Pacifica purchase.

Tell your dealer's manager that you want your other key fob. You bought it and paid for it. They owe it to you.

Reactions: panoguy and Copac

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018, purchased in 2019 came with 2 Reg and 1 Keysense, however, can't you adjust the key sense settings so it operates exactly like the other key?

The Chryslers care response is that they don't get involved with this kind of thing. It is strictly between you and the dealer. If your contract said 2 keys, they will say the keysense is a key and you got what your were entitled.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
I received two regular keys and a keysense key. At 60, I am the youngest driver in the household. Hopefully I have a few years before my wife takes the regular key away! I'd hate not being able to have the radio going full blast.

It does not look like the keysense key is useless, maybe just annoying. That said, I'm glad to have two regular keys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 2018, purchased in 2019 came with 2 Reg and 1 Keysense, however, can't you adjust the key sense settings so it operates exactly like the other key?

The Chryslers care response is that they don't get involved with this kind of thing. It is strictly between you and the dealer. If your contract said 2 keys, they will say the keysense is a key and you got what your were entitled.
Contract doesn't state how many keys you get. I've never bought a car that states this. Keysense can't be disabled, I've read through the threads here trying to find a way.

The Chrysler Care response is in contrary to what was posted here on these forums. They said to contact them directly by private message here and they will help. That's why I did it and was expecting help. Guess the post was too old.

I'm still waiting to see what happens. Hoping the dealership pulls through and does what's right. If not, hopefully Chrysler Cares will reimburse the cost of another key (which it sounds like they will do). If not, I plan on printing everything on these forums taking them to small claims. That key costs $400. Crazy.

·
Registered
White 2020 touring + S - 20" tires -all black inside
66 Posts
Ok...
When we purchased our 2020 2 months ago it came with 2 key fobs that had keys inside of them, thats all...
What is a keysense ??? Am I missing out on something here?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
63 Posts
My understanding about Keysense is with the pin code you can turn off most of the restrictions. Things like the radio volume and speed limiter. But you can never turn off the safety sensors.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
486 Posts
Ok...
When we purchased our 2020 2 months ago it came with 2 key fobs that had keys inside of them, thats all...
What is a keysense ??? Am I missing out on something here?
Keysense is an optional item included with some trim levels. It gets you a special third fob. When that keysense fob is used to operate the vehicle, it can restrict certain operating parameters such as speed, radio volume so when you let your teenagers take the vehicle, they cannot drive recklessly, or annoy the neighbours with their loud music. As the parent, you can set these parameters in the Uconnect settings after entering a PIN code that you set up.

Reactions: LittleLily

·
Registered
White 2020 touring + S - 20" tires -all black inside
66 Posts
Thanks Peter,
Thats interesting, no teenagers in this family, so Im not missing anything.:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts