2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 PacHy Limited came with the Interior Protection Package that includes the cargo area liner. Because I am frequently carrying a power wheelchair, my 3rd row seats are permanently stowed & I have a lift mechanism installed in the passenger rear corner of the cargo area to lift the chair (which weighs 212 pounds with nothing but the chair itself).

I've put down the cargo area liner, to both partially protect the stowed seats and also to just try to keep things cleaner and better maintained overall. However, the liner I can't say is "great" in that it doesn't stay put, it frequently slides around, bunches up, pulls back as I take the chair out, etc.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a cargo mat (or similar type thing, call it what you will) that would go from the back door of the vehicle (more or less) all the way to immediately behind the 2nd row of seats? It should (ideally) be the full width, so that as much as possible is protected. Obviously, I might have to fold it or cut it to accommodate the lift mechanism, but, I'm hoping to keep things as simple and as protected as possible.

Anything that anybody can suggest would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Some ideas -
Get a sheet of masonite and cut it to size.
Look at a place like Office Max - they have rigid sheets of heavy plastic for roller chairs in offices.
Try a place like Lowes and look at vinyl carpet runner - you buy by foot and it has 'nubs' on one side so it doesn't slip.
Look at outdoor carpeting - low pile, shouldn't bunch up.

Some thoughts to toss around...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts