2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Couldn't find a thread on this (maybe my search was not specific enough). I'm looking to get some help with selecting the right EV charger for my home. I believe the older models had limits in charging volt which did not take advantage of some chargers.

Here are some details in case it matters:

• 208v power available to the house
  • Installing indoors (Garage)
  • Wifi signal is good in garage
  • Would like to schedule charging times and see usuage\savings\cost
  • I'm located in Ontario (Hydro One)
  • Ideally, want to charge as fast as possible

Also, any installation tips I should keep in mind? I plan to have a certified electrician but maybe you would have done something differently after the fact.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi md07,

You posted this in the subforum for the gas pacifica, not the hybrid, which is probably why you're not getting many responses. I'm not sure if a forum admin might be able to move it.

As far as chargers, I have the Chargepoint Home, and it's been great. It has a good app, and can schedule charging as well as show usage/cost information. It charges at the full 6.6kw that the Pacifica can handle. Takes a bit over 2 hours to fully charge from 0 to 100%. It looks like there's a new higher power model available called the Chargepoint Home Flex. It won't charge the Pacifica any faster, but if you get a different EV in the future, the higher power of the flex might be nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @atlantic2pacifica for the info. I recreated this in the right forum as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just closing the loop on my post, went with ChargePoint Home Flex! Now waiting on van to come in.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts