2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to use our Pacifica's tire inflator to air up some bike tires and discovered a big shortcoming of the tire inflator. For those that may not know, the end of the hose on the inflator needs to be screwed onto the tire valve. This is a problem because a lot of air is lost in the process of tightening & loosening the hose onto the tire valve. I bought one of these from AutoZone for $5 and problem solved. :smile2:

It's just a simple quick-connect adapter that allows the hose to be quickly attached and removed from the tire valve for minimal air loss. I HIGHLY recommend keeping this in your van for use with the tire inflator. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good call. That’s a nice piece right there. I prefer the quick connects with the little tab that grabs the threads, they release much quicker. I’ve had connectors like the one pictured hang up on the valve stem and I got frustrated with them. But the screw on connectors are the absolute worst.
I like that that connector is threaded on the opposite end so you don’t have to cut any hoses to attach the quick connect.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts