2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what has everyone been told by their respective dealers regarding factory recommended service intervals?

I just got off the phone and was told to service every 6k miles. I want to follow what will keep my factory and extended lifetime warranty in good terms but I also don't want to get fleeced. I have yet to receive my extended warranty documents to see what they say.

My last 2 cars were a VW and BMW and they both live and die by the 10k intervals for everything.

· Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Generally, the people that get paid every time you bring in your car for service are not the best people to tell you how often you should bring your car in for service. There is no requirement to get any service done until the oil change indicator tells you to (or 1 year/10,000 miles if that happens first). Depending on how you drive, that's usually every 7500 miles or so.

Attachments

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I didn't trust the dealerships recommendation. But funny enough I got an email scheduling a 5k service a week after we bought the car. Which neither my wife or I scheduled. They just did it on their own which is what prompted my call to them and they then suggested every 6k.

I'll stick with the 10k major intervals and oil changes as necessary. I'm not a oil change every 3k guy, haven't been since my last list of recent cars went every 10-12k per manufacturer. Heck even my work Ford Escape suggests every 7500 using standard oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.