2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our Pacifica Hybrid Limited on Friday (1/3/2020) night; the next morning when we pressed the Start button, I heard the engine sound, then check engine light and red turtle sign were shown on dashboard. Turned off the van immediately and waited about 10 minutes to start the van again, the check engine light and red turtle sign were still on, and I noticed that the electric range is not shown while the battery was at 98%.
Contacted the sales person about the error, he asked me to drive the van, if possible, to dealer which is about 2 miles away.
After 30 minutes I turned it on, the check engine light was there, but it started up quietly (no engine sound), and the electric range was shown again. The van seemed function normally, then I drove it to the dealer without thinking much.
Waited at the dealer for more than 4 hrs, but they could not find out what exact reason caused the issue, just saying one of the cylinder misfired, I asked if the van should operate in electric only when battery is charged and driving in low speed. They said I need to come back on Monday (1/6/2020) to have full test.
During the weekend, we drove the car briefly, about 10 miles, everything seemed working fine, so we decided to not go to dealer if nothing happens again.
However, this afternoon (1/6//2020) after we went to grocery shopping in Costco, the red turtle sign came up again and I heard the engine sound when the van started up.
I borrowed a ODBII scanner and checked the error code, that is P0B55, I googled it mean "Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Battery 6 Circuit Performance".
Contacted the sales person again about it, he said I need to drop off the van tomorrow for full test.

Am I getting a Lemon? Is there anyone who experienced the similar issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is this a 2020, or one that has been sitting for years?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is 2020. Waited for few months for delivery, but it turned out to be...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interesting you have 21% battery and yet have zero range ?. Will be interesting to see if this has been sitting around after its actual build date for a while .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the problem occurs, the electric range is gone even the battery is not drained, and it starts up with engine noise.
With the error code read from OBDII scanner, I dont know if the hybrid system somehow cannot get the power from the battery.

By the way, I dropped off the van to the dealer for full check this morning, let's see how long it will take to fix the issue. Or I should hope it takes more than 30 days to apply the lemon law!?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
When the problem occurs, the electric range is gone even the battery is not drained, and it starts up with engine noise.
With the error code read from OBDII scanner, I dont know if the hybrid system somehow cannot get the power from the battery.

By the way, I dropped off the van to the dealer for full check this morning, let's see how long it will take to fix the issue. Or I should hope it takes more than 30 days to apply the lemon law!?
This is far too early to be even thinking about a lemon law. Also, it's a rare salesperson that really takes an interest in a highly technical problem. Your first dealer contact should be the service advisor assigned to handle this problem, and then the service manager.

@ChryslerCares, get onto this so your customer can get some factory help. I suspect this dealer may be in the tall weeds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is far too early to be even thinking about a lemon law. Also, it's a rare salesperson that really takes an interest in a highly technical problem. Your first dealer contact should be the service advisor assigned to handle this problem, and then the service manager.

@ChryslerCares, get onto this so your customer can get some factory help. I suspect this dealer may be in the tall weeds.
Maybe I have some kind of buyer's remorse as the issue just happened in the second day.
I will check with the service advisor to find out the status.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Maybe I have some kind of buyer's remorse as the issue just happened in the second day.
Your fault showed a problem within the HV battery pack.

They dont repair these packs, so even is was an internal fan issue they would need to replace the entire battery.

Its normal that the range has no display when the HV battery has an internal fault.

Heres the document on that code.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I really don’t think remorse for buying it as it’s just a vehicle and assembled as such . Hate to say it but things happen from any manufacturer whether it’s Tesla, bmw, Mercedes, Lamborghini, etc. We as consumer always keep wanting and pushing the industry itself to produce technology faster and faster to market . I’d you don’t believe me go to the Tesla forum and see their pages of problems .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your fault showed a problem within the HV battery pack.

They dont repair these packs, so even is was an internal fan issue they would need to replace the entire battery.

Its normal that the range has no display when the HV battery has an internal fault.

Heres the document on that code.

Thanks so much for sharing this document!
If replacing the entire battery is required, I wonder if the dealer takes weeks to source the parts as I always hear the shortage of the battery supply during the pre-order period.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really don’t think remorse for buying it as it’s just a vehicle and assembled as such . Hate to say it but things happen from any manufacturer whether it’s Tesla, bmw, Mercedes, Lamborghini, etc. We as consumer always keep wanting and pushing the industry itself to produce technology faster and faster to market . I’d you don’t believe me go to the Tesla forum and see their pages of problems .
It is my first experience on PHEV, and I think I got spoiled by Japanese brands so far all of my previous Japanese cars are rock solid, zero maintenance besides changing the fluid/oil and brake pads.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing this document!
If replacing the entire battery is required, I wonder if the dealer takes weeks to source the parts as I always hear the shortage of the battery supply during the pre-order period.
It seems historically to become a long wait, sorry to say. Based on reports on the forum anyhow.. but a lot of brands give priority to super low mileage vehicles that are down due to parts..

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Hi miutau,

We sincerely regret to hear of your vehicle concerns. If you are unable to receive more feedback from here and would like further assistance, please feel free to follow up with us in a private message as we'd be glad to see how we can assist!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is an update about my 2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
The service advisor called me yesterday night (1/10/2020) my van is ready to pickup, then I drove the loaner to the dealer this morning (1/11/2020) planning to drive my van back home.
However, the service rep took 30 mins and got back to me saying they cannot move the car out, he looked so embarrassing and asked for my paper work to see what issue was logged down.
I checked with him what was happening and what has been fixed, he said after he changed the gear to reverse, the car did not move, and Red Turtle sign was shown to him, that was his first time seeing it.
What they did in last few days was just checking the battery system if anything gets loose. The battery is not replaced.
It sounds like the service guys there do not have much experience fixing the hybrid, it makes me even more worry how long it will take to resolve the issue completely.
At the end, I have to drive the loaner back home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you should talk to the dealer on Monday. See if they will give you a refund or another Pacifica.
Is it an option to get refund or another Pacifica?
I was told once the car is driven out from the dealership, it cannot be returned.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is it an option to get refund or another Pacifica?
I was told once the car is driven out from the dealership, it cannot be returned.
I believe someone else here on the Forum had Chrysler buy theirs back after the HV battery presented serious issues on a new vehicle. I'm terrible with hunting for threads, maybe someone more skilled than I am can find it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe someone else here on the Forum had Chrysler buy theirs back after the HV battery presented serious issues on a new vehicle. I'm terrible with hunting for threads, maybe someone more skilled than I am can find it.
I thought the buybacks were from lemon law claims, which usually apply if the vehicle has been unusable due to defects over something like 30 days over the first year or two. My impression from reading here is that a HV battery replacement seems to take so long that it would almost always fall under the lemon definition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our 2017 is being bought back. 46000 miles on it in 2 years then battery issues. Lemon law applies but there is a calculation for price reduction and you have to buy a new FCA product. Our ordered 2020 pachybrid arrived at dealer today ordered 9/21/19. It took four months from May to August to make final determination. Then another nearly 5 months till now. Deemed too costly to replace the battery and there were none available although I here from my dealer that has changed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Deemed too costly to replace the battery
That's nuts and they expect us to pay for them to be replaced when out of warranty when it is too costly for them? I guess I will be getting rid of mine before the 100000-mile mark.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts