2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Our 2017 is being bought back. 46000 miles on it in 2 years then battery issues. Lemon law applies but there is a calculation for price reduction and you have to buy a new FCA product. Our ordered 2020 pachybrid arrived at dealer today ordered 9/21/19. It took four months from May to August to make final determination. Then another nearly 5 months till now. Deemed too costly to replace the battery and there were none available although I here from my dealer that has changed.
If Chrysler buys back my virtually brand new Pacifica, is there an obligation to get another FCA car?
I chose Pacifica Hybrid over others because of the electric range from the plug in hybrid system, but it looks like the technology is still not quite mature at this moment.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Our 2017 is being bought back. 46000 miles on it in 2 years then battery issues. Lemon law applies but there is a calculation for price reduction and you have to buy a new FCA product. Our ordered 2020 pachybrid arrived at dealer today ordered 9/21/19. It took four months from May to August to make final determination. Then another nearly 5 months till now. Deemed too costly to replace the battery and there were none available although I here from my dealer that has changed.
Hi Tbroets,

We certainly regret to hear of your unpleasant experience with your vehicle! If you'd like an additional layer of assistance while your vehicle is in service, please send us a private message with the following information:

Vehicle Mileage:

Preferred phone number:

Earliest call time:

Latest call time:

Updates via email: Y/N [Email address]

Vehicle location: [Customer/Dealer/IRF]

Date and time of appointment: [Insert Date and Time]

Confirmed appointment with: [Dealer and Dealer Contact]

Customer in rental: Y/N

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes by the buyback agreement I was obligated to buy a new FCA product. We need a minivan with a special needs child. I have spent 64000 on two minivans now and worry about the same thing happening again. I am working with. Chrysler contact to attempt further resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is an update for my case.
After 30+ days in the dealer, the service center called me last Friday to pick my Pacifica.
They said the battery system was replaced and they tested driving for 200+ miles to make sure everything work, I dont know if it is common to drive that long distance though.
Meanwhile, we contacted a lawyer to file the lemon law case, today the lawyer contact me that Chrysler has agreed to repurchase my car.

·
Registered
645 Posts
That’s why I bought a 7/160 Fca warranty and battery has 160000 or 10 yrs . After 5 yrs I’ll dump it and get something new , govt here was giving out 14 thousand rebate on it here in Ontario 🇨🇦. I think the current rebate is 8 grand . New 2021 pacifica with pinnacle trim or a Tesla x with free supercharging with bigger 400 mile battery .

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That’s why I bought a 7/160 Fca warranty and battery has 160000 or 10 yrs . After 5 yrs I’ll dump it and get something new , govt here was giving out 14 thousand rebate on it here in Ontario 🇨🇦. I think the current rebate is 8 grand . New 2021 pacifica with pinnacle trim or a Tesla x with free supercharging with bigger 400 mile battery .
Either of those would be nice!

I’m going to ride it out. I’m saving min $5000 a year from my last vehicle in fuel and I’ve set a goal - I want to Pay for the vehicle with fuel money.. So it would be like a free vehicle in the end.

Now I’m paying for 1.9L/100km (125mpg) Which works out to about $51/month gas/hydro combined.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here is an update for my case.
After 30+ days in the dealer, the service center called me last Friday to pick my Pacifica.
They said the battery system was replaced and they tested driving for 200+ miles to make sure everything work, I dont know if it is common to drive that long distance though.
Meanwhile, we contacted a lawyer to file the lemon law case, today the lawyer contact me that Chrysler has agreed to repurchase my car.
Sounds like you have a tough decision to make. On the one hand you might say that the van has the kinks all ironed out and should be ready to give you years of service. On the other hand, I assume you must have paid the lawyer so it seems silly not to take advantage of the deal you’ve been offered. Keep us informed as to what your decision is and how things work out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sounds like you have a tough decision to make. On the one hand you might say that the van has the kinks all ironed out and should be ready to give you years of service. On the other hand, I assume you must have paid the lawyer so it seems silly not to take advantage of the deal you’ve been offered. Keep us informed as to what your decision is and how things work out.
The decision is really tough to my family, they all like the van, especially my kids love the entertainment system which I dont find the same screen setup from Odyssey and Sienna so far.
However, it looks like the hybrid system is still very new to Chrysler, my dealership has zero experience fixing it, they waited a long time to have Chrysler sending engineers there to trouble shoot the issue.
Although I bought 10yrs/150k extended warranty, we are afraid to see the red turtle sign in the middle of highway any time soon.
Regarding the lawyer handling the case, we did not pay a penny, I was told that the fee will be charged to the manufacturer instead.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No offence, but I think you bailed too soon. This is a cutting edge car, and batteries are almost out of Chrysler's control. If you got a free loaner, I'm not sure what the big deal is waiting. That said, I'm annoyed I got white leather instead of black with my dark blue 2020. They said black wasn't available for this color, which I questioned and asked why I wasn't informed (unless factory didn't tell them). Will be rolling up the kms soon.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No offence, but I think you bailed too soon. This is a cutting edge car, and batteries are almost out of Chrysler's control. If you got a free loaner, I'm not sure what the big deal is waiting. That said, I'm annoyed I got white leather instead of black with my dark blue 2020. They said black wasn't available for this color, which I questioned and asked why I wasn't informed (unless factory didn't tell them). Will be rolling up the kms soon.
That happened to me - I forced them to do a seat swap with another hybrid on the lot.

Only took em a hour or so to do it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That quick? That's cool. Problem is, there aren't any hybrids are on any lots that I know of.
Do you think he's wrong when he says the Blue Jazz Pearl doesn't come with black seats? Seems like BS to me when the website allows it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The decision is really tough to my family, they all like the van, especially my kids love the entertainment system which I dont find the same screen setup from Odyssey and Sienna so far.
However, it looks like the hybrid system is still very new to Chrysler, my dealership has zero experience fixing it, they waited a long time to have Chrysler sending engineers there to trouble shoot the issue.
Although I bought 10yrs/150k extended warranty, we are afraid to see the red turtle sign in the middle of highway any time soon.
Regarding the lawyer handling the case, we did not pay a penny, I was told that the fee will be charged to the manufacturer instead.
So just get a gas Pacifica, same setup, including the entertainment system. Odyssey and Sienna don't have a hybrid yet; switching to either will not gain you better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That quick? That's cool. Problem is, there aren't any hybrids are on any lots that I know of.
Do you think he's wrong when he says the Blue Jazz Pearl doesn't come with black seats? Seems like BS to me when the website allows it.
Front seats are only 4 bolts each and come out easy through the sliding doors no problem, the middle row are meant for the owner to remove, and the rear seats are a seat frame assembly that is mounted on dowls and a few bolts.

All but the fronts are manual seats too so no unexpected software issue. Plug and play. :)

I doubt black is not an option in any of trim levels. Mine was a miss build, ordered as black, build sheet spec’d black, showed up with white?

I’m no expert with options and such. Maybe another can comment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So just get a gas Pacifica, same setup, including the entertainment system. Odyssey and Sienna don't have a hybrid yet; switching to either will not gain you better fuel mileage.
Yes, it is exact what we think after checked out a 2020 Odyssey Elite, we are already spoiled by Pacifica, many features are unique to Pacifica while the Odyssey cabin watch/talk is not quite useful to me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Front seats are only 4 bolts each and come out easy through the sliding doors no problem, the middle row are meant for the owner to remove, and the rear seats are a seat frame assembly that is mounted on dowls and a few bolts.

All but the fronts are manual seats too so no unexpected software issue. Plug and play. :)

I doubt black is not an option in any of trim levels. Mine was a miss build, ordered as black, build sheet spec’d black, showed up with white?

I’m no expert with options and such. Maybe another can comment.
He rechecked, he could only order black seats if he selected the black S package, which is much more than just black seats. Either way, I'll stick with the whites, but buyer beware on this topic. If anyone gets conflicting info, please let us know here.

I think the top posters here know way more than anyone at any Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
He rechecked, he could only order black seats if he selected the black S package, which is much more than just black seats. Either way, I'll stick with the whites, but buyer beware on this topic. If anyone gets conflicting info, please let us know here.

I think the top posters here know way more than anyone at any Chrysler dealer.
Seems off IMO..

The 2020 Pacifica Hybrid brouchure indicates Black Mckinley leather Trim with Axis perforated insert and sepia stitching - Standard option on Touring L, Touring L Plus and Hybrid Touring L among other colors.

Why would they not offer Black leather in a predominately family focused product and trim level? I get that not all minivans will suffer children and having choice is nice, but not available?

Seems like your dealer or sales man might not want to imply responsibility..

Have a look for yourself.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts