2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after waiting for almost 3 weeks, I received a phone call a couple of days ago from dealership saying that my catalytic converter parts has arrived and that i should be able to pick up my car today or tomorrow. But this morning dealership left a voicemail saying that my car wont be ready anymore because the parts that arrived were refurbished. And they are not happy to install them. So they re ordered again. I am kinda lost. Didnt know that this is even possible that FCA would send a refurb catalytic converters... i am glad though that the dealership is looking after me in a way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
after waiting for almost 3 weeks, I received a phone call a couple of days ago from dealership saying that my catalytic converter parts has arrived and that i should be able to pick up my car today or tomorrow. But this morning dealership left a voicemail saying that my car wont be ready anymore because the parts that arrived were refurbished. And they are not happy to install them. So they re ordered again. I am kinda lost. Didnt know that this is even possible that FCA would send a refurb catalytic converters... i am glad though that the dealership is looking after me in a way.
I think they have the right to do that actually. If Apple replaces your iPhone under warranty they can (and often do) give a refurbished one. But I guess your dealer thinks that this is not typical.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Very inconvenient, but I think your dealership made the right call on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts