2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35 minutes ago · #1
Would be all in on Pacifica hybrid if it were even slightly reliable. Always hard to tell from posts how widespread issues are. Would love to get an overview of how many owners have had a major issue. Could you all respond with your model year and whether or not you had to take an unscheduled trip to a dealer and why? Also mileage on your van and mileage when it needed repair.

·
Registered
396 Posts
35 minutes ago · #1
Would be all in on Pacifica hybrid if it were even slightly reliable. Always hard to tell from posts how widespread issues are. Would love to get an overview of how many owners have had a major issue. Could you all respond with your model year and whether or not you had to take an unscheduled trip to a dealer and why? Also mileage on your van and mileage when it needed repair.
At 8500 miles only one trip to the dealer for me which related to a discharged 12v battery. Still not sure what caused it or whether it may happen again if I leave the car parked at the airport for a number of days. Other than that the van has been quite reliable for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I’m up here in Toronto 🇨🇦 and I’m also at 8000miles and zero trips to dealer . I’m very pleased with the quality , fit and finish . The hybrid/electric mileage is astounding as is ride quality vs a ice Pacifica. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one at all .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Early model-year 2018 PacHy here, just passed 30k miles. My only issues have been a mis-aligned rear hatch, which the dealer fixed a week after delivery, and Uconnect glitches which have been commonly discussed. I had the video unit replaced a few months in and it helped, but did not totally solve, the Uconnect issues.

I have had no power/drivetrain/mechanical complaints at all, I'm loving the van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, 8,900 miles. No failures or problems. No trips to service other than oil change, tire rotation and one recall.

·
Registered
464 Posts
35 minutes ago · #1

2017 Platinum
27k miles
No unscheduled trips to the dealer

Don't let a VERY vocal minority cloud your good judgement. Remember, forums are places where people flock when they have problems. They piss and moan and create post after post after post. There may be individual problems or issues, but that doesn't indicate anything widespread. Even all the FUD on here about fires is only in reference to a couple of fires, none of which have been confirmed to be hybrid related. Non hybrid vehicles catch fire and burn too. My team handles many of those claims every year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2019 Touring-L, 4500miles, no problem

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
2018 Limited - 13,500mi

1 service visit 1500mi into ownership for AC not working - had hairline crack in welded high pressure line and was fixed in 2days.

Love my Pachy!

·
Registered
89 Posts
2017 Platinum, 33k miles

Dealer did the recall for the inverter, and also replaced window seals on left side under warranty (mine was one of the cars that Chrysler parked in a lot for 4 months while they worked early production problem, probably with that inverter).

Mileage is incredible. We regularly go 1200 miles between fillups. Gas-only mileage is 22-23 MPG, electric is about 2.6 miles/kWh. Here near San Francisco night-time electricity costs roughly half of what gas costs.

Ride and noise are better than my dad's Mercedes AMG S-class.

If Chrysler comes out with a 4WD drive version of the hybrid with a larger battery, we will seriously consider getting that as our next car (two minivans, weird).

·
Registered
25 Posts
2018 Hybrid Limited, 37K Miles (at one year after purchase)

No issues at all except for dealer caused problem with chrome trim (burned with a buffer and replaced ), alignment (which dealer should have done before delivery), steering wheel re-center, (which dealer should have done before delivery) and replacement of the terrible, noisy Yokohama tires. Only had recalls done so far and a reset of the Keysense password. Uconnect issues are down to a minimum now but not totally gone.

My biggest issue coming from a Lexus are Chrysler dealers and service are absolutely terrible, unprofessional, and unorganized in comparison. The vehicle, though, has been great.... smooth, quiet (especially with Michelin Premier LTX tires), and for long haul trips it's a great machine. With tint and upgraded HID headlights and LED Fogs and high beams, it's just about perfect and now I'll always have a van in the fleet ;).

·
Registered
316 Posts
2017 as in my sig. with 66,000 km.
Regular recalls without incident. Couple of minor things that still have not been remedied dispite taking it in like gap on driver door = road noise, ANC possibly not working (nobody knows how to test), and a few minor issues with function taken care of with software updates.
BUT!!!
Had to take the car in 1 month ago because the charging system was showing faults on screen and not able to charge and also then not able to get it into gear from park. They couldn't figure out the problem because it was intermittent and luckily I was in the area and they were able to watch the power/battery dial on the left bouncing up and down and going crazy. They've had the car for a month, and said the part will STILL BE ANOTHER MONTH. It's the hybrid battery terminal switch or something. Should have written down the details. Part # 68372560AF - charger part? I'd happily trade this in for a new 2019 if they were offering something good on the trade in, but no such luck. So, we love the van, but not so happy about the situation we're in. I'll message @ChryslerCares.

·
Registered
92 Posts
16 months, 15,000 miles only an air conditioner issue unrelated to hybrid system. Note, I just had my first service - only an oil change needed. Oil and breaks last longer with the hybrid! I am getting almost 2,000 miles per tank of gas and my electricity is free because of solar panels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Had an early build 2017 that was bought back after sitting at the dealer for 3 months. We put 5500 miles on it with ZERO issues. We not have a 2018 (built Oct 2017) and have had two small issues. The rear blower was bad from the factory. Easy fix. At about 2500 miles the FCW/Lanekeep module failed. Would have been $200-300 if not under warranty. Other than that it has been GREAT!! We are at 12,000 miles and on our 6th tank of gas.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
41 Participants
Rus
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing