2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having an issue with my remote start not working first thing in the morning. It honks only once, no start. Had the battery checked at Napa and they said the main battery was fine. The remote start works fine later in the day when tried. I don't know if it is because of the cold in the morning or perhaps my battery isn't cranking enough juice when it's cold? Also, my ESS battery is dead..don't know if the remote start is tied into that battery or not...but I do not miss ESS at all to be honest so haven't had it replaced.

Anyone have any thoughts on my morning remote start dilemma?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Interesting as remote start won’t work if low fuel , engine light is on ,hood ajar . Hmm , def seems like a battery issue to me . Have you tried all the key fobs ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting as remote start won’t work if low fuel , engine light is on ,hood ajar . Hmm , def seems like a battery issue to me . Have you tried all the key fobs ?
Yes, key fob works fine...hence the honks once thing. Tried other FOB anyways and does same. Just wondering if it's worth shelling out $150-$200 for a battery if Napa said mine is fine just to see if it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well you could buy it a sams club or Costco and return it if it doesn’t solve the issue . Could take it to dealer for them to remedy it or just live with it . Did you try and disconnect the van and then reconnect it and try it then after letting it sit . The one light blink is interesting and there are no codes or other drivability issues ? Are you gas or electric ? Did you try the other batter of your gas ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I'm having an issue with my remote start not working first thing in the morning. It honks only once, no start. Had the battery checked at Napa and they said the main battery was fine. The remote start works fine later in the day when tried. I don't know if it is because of the cold in the morning or perhaps my battery isn't cranking enough juice when it's cold? Also, my ESS battery is dead..don't know if the remote start is tied into that battery or not...but I do not miss ESS at all to be honest so haven't had it replaced.

Anyone have any thoughts on my morning remote start dilemma?
On a different note, is your Aux battery totally disconnected? I have read that Aux and main battery are connected. If Aux battery is dead, it would suck the life out of main battery and eventually make it fail as well. If they are disconnected, you should be good. Otherwise, get the Aux battery replaced. If you are under warranty, they should replace it for free

·
Registered
114 Posts
Being a former Chrysler technician, sounds to me like a car battery issue even if the ESS is disabled. I have fixed multiple FCA cars with this issue with a new car battery. If you had the battery tested after driving it even for a short time (for example to NAPA) it would have passed and probably would have remote started then too. Your battery is having trouble keeping a charge after sitting for an extended period of time (like overnight). Also, how old is the battery? If original to the car, it’s probably due for a new battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts