2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a dash cam and want to run some wires down (behind) the pillar - anyone have pictures, etc. for removing the pillar trim panel? I don't want to damage it. :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
@S&WOWNER I didn't have to remove the trim piece at all. There's piece below the A pillar (it's about 8" long) that pops off pretty easily. Once that piece is out you can pull the A pillar trim piece up with your fingers to run the wire underneath. I have my camera plugged into the USB port all the way at the bottom of the dash in that little cubby area. I'd post some pics but I'm on kid duty right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch - looking forward to also seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IRPilot - where do you bring the usb cable in from the trim?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am installing a dash cam and want to run some wires down (behind) the pillar - anyone have pictures, etc. for removing the pillar trim panel? I don't want to damage it. :)

Thanks!
Removal instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7iwzgauwsk6rev/23 - BodyInteriorPANEL A-Pillar TrimRemoval and Installation.pdf?dl=0
You can find a good power source right behind the mirror.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks stop-eject for the trim procedures. I am not comfortable pulling power from the mirror - don't have the correct tools, etc. but do appreciate your suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts