2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How do you have your dashcam wired? I have a simple 12V lighter plug and it turns off when the car is off, it records only while driving in the front windshield only (they do make a compatible rear-camera for the model that I have too). I was wondering how you get it to record when the car is off and parked.
Super late reply, I know but my dash cam is connected to a dash cam battery (Cell Link Neo) and that dash cam is plugged via 12V DC to the car so I have 24 hour surveillance. The dash cam battery powers the cameras when the car is off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Update: So the 107th precinct lied to me months ago and never arrested the perpetrator. I noticed the same car today parked on the same street and I decided to wait until I saw the perpetrator walk to his car. I saw the man walking back to the car, recognized him, and immediately dialed 911. Long story short, cops showed up but did not arrest him. They made a “stop report” and recommended I go to the precinct and follow up with the detective department. I did so and was notified that the detective department closed my case. I was told to call back in a week to follow up with the detective department and their decision on this case. Wtf?

This should of been the easiest case for them as I provided footage, license plate number, and verified all the information today after literally detaining the guy myself until they showed up. I’m unsure on how to pursue this but I know justice needs to be served.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Update: So the 107th precinct lied to me months ago and never arrested the perpetrator. I noticed the same car today parked on the same street and I decided to wait until I saw the perpetrator walk to his car. I saw the man walking back to the car, recognized him, and immediately dialed 911. Long story short, cops showed up but did not arrest him. They made a “stop report” and recommended I go to the precinct and follow up with the detective department. I did so and was notified that the detective department closed my case. I was told to call back in a week to follow up with the detective department and their decision on this case. Wtf?

This should of been the easiest case for them as I provided footage, license plate number, and verified all the information today after literally detaining the guy myself until they showed up. I’m unsure on how to pursue this but I know justice needs to be served.
I think you need to do a reality check here. The NYPD has a lot of serious things on their collective plate, much of it involving real harm to people, including themselves. This is a non event to them. Just get over it. You don't have to be friends with the jerk, and as they say, "don't poke the bear".

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[/quote]I think you need to do a reality check here. The NYPD has a lot of serious things on their collective plate, much of it involving real harm to people, including themselves. This is a non event to them. Just get over it. You don't have to be friends with the jerk, and as they say, "don't poke the bear".[/QUOTE]

The reality is I expect the services of what my tax dollars contribute to. The reality is that this is a case where no work or investigation was conducted by said police department and all the evidence was provided TO them. The other reality is I serve my beloved country and I expect justice to be served.

This is “an event” to me and I will pursue this because it’s the right thing to do. The easy thing would be to just “get over it” but that’s not the right thing to do.

Thanks for the input but I’ll do whatever I see is fit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pe2n3d1:
Basic lesson on car revenge.

If you know his car, just wait again until you see it and do one of the following, in order of magnitude:

let the air out of his tires.

put on a boot lock ( a bit pricey $30 but so inconvenient!)

salt / sugar in gas tank

Yeah all the above is illegal but the police are as likely to get involved as they were with you.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts