2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes hear several (read over 40) high pitched beeps from the rear 3rd row passenger side panel when opening the rear hatch door. The door opens normally accept for the repeated high pitched beeps.

What is the meaning of these beeps and how can I prevent this from re-occuring? Its very annoying when it happens at night (we don't park in a garage).

·
Registered
332 Posts
The beeping is a safety feature to warn people near by that the hatch is opening or closing. Does the beeping occur every time you open and close the hatch? If yes, the manual that came with your Pacifica has instructions for turning the beeping off. If no, then you may need a trip to the dealer to figure out why it beeps only occasionally.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can disable the trunk/hatch warning beeps in the uConnect settings. I keep it disabled, as I don't like the sound. I'd rather warn anyone nearby as I open it myself.

That being said, why in the world are you hearing 40 beeps? It probably beeps 5-7 times and that's all. By then the hatch is open.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are most of the 40 beeps happening long after the hatch has completed moving, or is the hatch stopping mid-motion or moving extremely slowly? Or are the beeps happening much faster than normal? As mentioned above it should be four beeps about once a second.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
arteitle
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing