2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year in to Pacifica ownership and my only major regret is that we picked an 8-seater, which means that non-Stow-N-Go center jump seat in the second row. After our second Connecticut to North Carolina and back road trip with the kids in back, I'm thinking about a DIY project to make that center section a bit more usable.

My mission, should I things measure up (and I choose to accept it) is to acquire 1) another jump seat and 2) an appropriate console, and figure out if I can mount the two together somehow so that I have a center console for the rear seats that I can remove like the jump seat when I need to carry larger items. I my perfect world, I'd love to integrate some sort of folding tables for those second row seats, something like they have on certain airplanes. That might be a bit too much ingenuity for my budget.

Or something like this, since I can already seen an issue with the example Super Console in the pic.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Almost a year in to Pacifica ownership and my only major regret is that we picked an 8-seater, which means that non-Stow-N-Go center jump seat in the second row. After our second Connecticut to North Carolina and back road trip with the kids in back, I'm thinking about a DIY project to make that center section a bit more usable.

My mission, should I things measure up (and I choose to accept it) is to acquire 1) another jump seat and 2) an appropriate console, and figure out if I can mount the two together somehow so that I have a center console for the rear seats that I can remove like the jump seat when I need to carry larger items. I my perfect world, I'd love to integrate some sort of folding tables for those second row seats, something like they have on certain airplanes. That might be a bit too much ingenuity for my budget.

Thoughts?
Here was one person's solution for cupholders in the second row. It was for a hybrid, but there are some photos so you could probably figure out something that would work for your van.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/497-accessories-add-ons/39396-rear-console-hybrid.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here was one person's solution for cupholders in the second row. It was for a hybrid, but there are some photos so you could probably figure out something that would work for your van.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/497-accessories-add-ons/39396-rear-console-hybrid.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

Thanks. I saw that thread. My goal would be to have something that is easily removable like the jump seat, which we will likely never use, but I don't want to cut up or disassemble on the off chance we do.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Why not just fold the 8th seat down and use the console on the back of that seat? Two cupholders and a small storage area!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just fold the 8th seat down and use the console on the back of that seat? Two cupholders and a small storage area!

I'm looking to improve on what is already there. The cup holders and small storage area are lacking compared to the needs of back seat passengers.

·
Registered
227 Posts

I'm looking to improve on what is already there. The cup holders and small storage area are lacking compared to the needs of back seat passengers.
The ideal, would be to source a console and a spare jump seat. Then meld the two together. All you need off the jumpseat is the bottom brackets. And you could hack up the console and make it work for you. Scour the salvage yards, you should be able to find something out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For tables we use lap desks, cheap and stow away easy.

For fun, about 10 years ago Chrysler T&Cs came with a table!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
One of the features I liked in my old Sienna that the center console could be easily removed and installed between the second row seats. Some people even purchased a second console for this purpose.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The ideal, would be to source a console and a spare jump seat. Then meld the two together. All you need off the jumpseat is the bottom brackets. And you could hack up the console and make it work for you. Scour the salvage yards, you should be able to find something out there.
I’m surprised that the OP who could easily perform impossible stunts such as climbing on the outside of an airplane speeding up a runway, escaping from captivity by smashing an aquatic tank, and of course hanging down a thread while laying horizontal, couldn’t figure out this easy solution. 😄.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts