2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was trying to play some DVD movie on screens for my kids but the one behind the driver seat won’t turn on. The other screen has no problem at all. I tried selecting from the central screen but it seems to think that everything’s working normally. Even the remote can’t seem to wake up the screen.
The last time I used both the screens was probably at least a year ago. Since our youngest was rear facing at that time we kept it closed until now. Now he is forward facing and ready to see the world. 😄. Anyone knows about a quick fix / tricks to reboot the screen or do I have to visit the dealership? My second service should be coming up soon anyway but I’d like to know if I can fix it quickly and easily. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Yesterday I was trying to play some DVD movie on screens for my kids but the one behind the driver seat won’t turn on. The other screen has no problem at all. I tried selecting from the central screen but it seems to think that everything’s working normally. Even the remote can’t seem to wake up the screen.
The last time I used both the screens was probably at least a year ago. Since our youngest was rear facing at that time we kept it closed until now. Now he is forward facing and ready to see the world. 😄. Anyone knows about a quick fix / tricks to reboot the screen or do I have to visit the dealership? My second service should be coming up soon anyway but I’d like to know if I can fix it quickly and easily. Thanks.
Do you see some backlight? Wonder if it died...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by backlight? The three red LED dots below the screen light up as the other side, but the screen seems totally dead.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried playing around with the screens today. Made sure both remote controls were working on the normal side but none could activate the driver side screen. There seems to be some power coming to the system as the red LEDs seem to light up at the bottom and the sides but the screen itself behaves as if it was turned off with the remote. I changed the batteries out of the remote as well just in case but to no avail. I would appreciate any ideas if you have. Thank you.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Try pulling some fuses to see if you can get the video routing module under the passenger seat to reboot. For my 2018 hybrid fuses F77A and F14A are designated for the media hub and rear entertainment system. Also there was a software update for the video routing module for vehicles manufactured before May 2, 2018. One of the symptoms it supposedly fixed was failure of the screens to turn on. You can download it and the instructions to install it from a USB drive from this link: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn’t have much time to check on the software update or the fuses. Anyway my car went in for service today (oil change) so I’ll let the Chrysler technicians figure out how to go about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
This is actually the best way to deal with the problem. If I didn't pull the #74 on multiple occasions instead of going to the dealer, FCA would have more data points to realize that the system is unreliable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had similar. As above when it happened I pulled fuse #74 to reset the VRM.

I mentioned it when we went in for our first service and they updated the VRM.

Kids are rear facing, haven't tried it since. But there was a TSB on it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update: The service technicians looked at it while my car was in service today. They left me a message stating that they have ordered another screen. That looks like overkill to me. I picked up the car today and verified what they said. I will attach what they said on the invoice.
Does @ChryslerCares has an opinion? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After more than a week with no updates, and no help with calling, I decided to visit the dealership today. They had the part arrived sometime ago, but didn’t call me somehow. My car’s scheduled for service next week. I’ll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update guys. The dealership replaced my video screen and now everything seems to be working as normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Bond007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing