2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March, I made an appointment with my local dealer to get some warranty issues taken care of: the very common hood edge corrosion, and another body/appearance issue, flaking paint on the passenger side roof rail (about a foot long section just behind the sliding door, photo attached). All they did was take some pictures, and submitted it to Chrysler for an authorization.

It took six weeks for the dealer to get the work approved, but they finally got their paperwork in line and scheduled an appointment for me to actually get the car worked on. The service advisor said two days, and a week later, they finally got the work finished - only they forgot to do anything about the roof rail and only took care of the hood edges (and rather poorly done IMO).

Now the dealer is backing out, telling me that the roof rail work is not covered by the corrosion warranty and referred me to the Chrysler Warranty 800 number (since the dealer's warranty manager apparently doesn't interface with customers 馃檮). They opened a case number - but what does that really mean, even?? I'm a year and 7k miles past the bumper-to-bumper warranty, but still well within the corrosion warranty. I'm seriously frustrated that I waited so long (first for the approval and then again for the repair) and now they're backing out from the agreed-upon repairs 馃槨.

Seems like something Chrysler would want to fix, since it is a very obvious quality defect on an otherwise solid car. Even my wife noticed it as a problem, and that's saying something!! It's not like we've been driving the car through hailstorms or carrying cargo on the roof or anything like that - we haven't even used the roof rack once!

Anybody else having issues with their roof rack appearance, and got it fixed by the dealer? Anyone out there with a DIY fix? @ChryslerCares, anything you can do to help? Everyone else, keep an eye out for this problem on your van!

Banned
you'd think. But seriously, how much would a good body shop charge to make that right so you can move on with your life?

Registered

Registered
I added those roof rails to my van and I can tell you that piece that is flaking off can be popped off, there are only clips holding it in place. And even if you had to remove the entire rail, once 3 covers pop off there are 4 or 5 torx bolts that can be removed and the entire rail will come off. Pretty easy to sand down and throw a quick coat of paint on.

Registered
I added those roof rails to my van and I can tell you that piece that is flaking off can be popped off, there are only clips holding it in place. And even if you had to remove the entire rail, once 3 covers pop off there are 4 or 5 torx bolts that can be removed and the entire rail will come off. Pretty easy to sand down and throw a quick coat of paint on.
Thanks- any idea of what type of paint?

Registered
To me it looks like regular flat black paint, now my hybrid van those rails are chrome so if you use some chrome paint, it might dress the van up some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts