2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a member here who has running boards and the hands free to verify. My dealer said it would still work but don't want to spend $$ to find out I just defeated a new feature.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damon just got running boards an d I think has a limited. When he gets the van back he should know for sure.

If anyone else knows, post it! I need to know before ordering them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got van back last night, I was told that the running boards delete the feature, but now I am curious. I will play with it tomorrow and see. I really didn't care if it did delete the side sliders as we don't use them like that, the rear one I do use. Here are some pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those running boards look great. I don't have the shop manual showing where the sensor is exactly located either. Did the running boards partially block or completely block the sensor? Also did the instructions cover the sensor operation at all?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really hope the hands-free feature remains available even with the running boards. Or at least there's a way to make them still useable, like moving the sensor or something. I really like both features. Those running boards fit with the rest of the Pacifica's design nicely.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got van back last night, I was told that the running boards delete the feature, but now I am curious. I will play with it tomorrow and see. I really didn't care if it did delete the side sliders as we don't use them like that, the rear one I do use. Here are some pics....
Wow those (and your Pacifica) look great! Any chance we can get pics with a sliding door open. I want to see how much lower they are than the floor in the car. Thinking about getting them so my kids 2/4 yr olds can get in the van on their own.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wow those (and your Pacifica) look great! Any chance we can get pics with a sliding door open. I want to see how much lower they are than the floor in the car. Thinking about getting them so my kids 2/4 yr olds can get in the van on their own.
Here are some pics of doors open.......

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Guess what......yes they do work. I was told they wouldn't but they did. Tried both sides......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not clear on whether I can install these easily myself? If anyone has paid the dealer to install what was the charge?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had installed the running boards on my 2004 T&C. Required a floor jack couple jack stands to raise the van. Drill and socket set.

If anyone has the running board installation instructions that come with please post them.

I'm glad to hear the running boards did not block the sensors.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Two dealers in the Dallas area wanted between $800-$900 for the boards and installation. They were only asking around $150 for the install, and were making a lot of profit on the boards because I've seen the parts online for $570ish...

My wife wants new wheels, so I'm not sure if I can talk her into running boards first, but as soon as I can I will be ordering them and posting a how to on the install. Or a failure report :p

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Two dealers in the Dallas area wanted between $800-$900 for the boards and installation. They were only asking around $150 for the install, and were making a lot of profit on the boards because I've seen the parts online for $570ish...

My wife wants new wheels, so I'm not sure if I can talk her into running boards first, but as soon as I can I will be ordering them and posting a how to on the install. Or a failure report :p
Good luck on the install. Maybe you can take some pics during the process and start a new thread as a running boards installation tutorial.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good luck on the install. Maybe you can take some pics during the process and start a new thread as a running boards installation tutorial.
For sure, that was my intention. That's what I meant about posting a "how to". I've gotten a lot of good information on this forum so you can bet I'll give back when I can!

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
For sure, that was my intention. That's what I meant about posting a "how to". I've gotten a lot of good information on this forum so you can bet I'll give back when I can!
Lol. You sure did. I need more coffee. Looking forward to the tutorial. :grin2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is great news. So glad hands-free still works. Unfortunately, being in Canada, my dealer quoted me over $900 CAD just for the running boards. So hopefully the install isn't too difficult.

I read somewhere the front splash guards wouldn't fit anymore, but if I'm correct, they were able to put yours back on Damon?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

So, it seems that every Chrysler van I get the running boards go higher and higher! My 2014 were 670.00 just for the boards and had my body shop paint and install for 200.00. The 2012 were the same boards but were 610.00 and install again from my guy was 200.00 including paint. My 2011 were 640.00 but were already pre-painted the bright white and 100.00 to install. I could go on with all the previous going back to my 1985 that the boards were aluminum and cost like 80.00 and so easy to install, a few drilled holes and bolts and brackets!!!!

So in this case, Chrysler does offer some running boards in the more "popular" colors, so order those and then the install is 2 hours. Now, I had to order mine and knew I would need to paint as they don't do them in tusk white, so I ordered bright white and since they were already painted (Prepped well) the painted scuffed them up and painted them my Tusk white by color matching the fuel filler door and he was spot on. Don Davis is where I ordered the boards and asked the manager in parts if he would match the online price I found of 530.00 for the running boards. So that was 583.00 for the parts. I got into it with Don Davis as the service dept quoted me over 750.00 to install and paint!!!! They had not ever done a picifica and so they took 4 hours to do it (that is what they wanted to bill me) but they used the back up painter, who to me is better than the Don Davis body shop, so we worked out a deal since I have purchased 9 vehicles from them in the last 6 years and all service gets done at Don Davis. I ended up paying 1080.00 total. I will say the reason I had them do it instead of my body shop is I wanted all of it covered under warranty. Too many wires, the hands free door sensors and the painting would need to match, so it was worth it to me.

This is great news. So glad hands-free still works. Unfortunately, being in Canada, my dealer quoted me over $900 CAD just for the running boards. So hopefully the install isn't too difficult.

I read somewhere the front splash guards wouldn't fit anymore, but if I'm correct, they were able to put yours back on Damon?
I asked my dealer to save the rockers and the front splash guards that I bought from Mopar and had installed. To my surprise when i got the van home, I noticed they stuck the front splash guards back on, the stick forwards a little at the bottom, but I am glad they put them back on as I was going to put on the generic flat ones from Chrysler, these actually fit, not perfect, but you can't really tell. I'll take a pic in the light tomorrow.

Here is a pic of the van today after I did the side door moldings I had done and a decal graphics kit I installed.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 102 Posts
About this Discussion
101 Replies
31 Participants
RayMar2
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing