2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, those look great! I think it makes the van look lower and sleeker. Do the hands-free sensors for the sliding doors still work with those installed?

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey, those look great! I think it makes the van look lower and sleeker. Do the hands-free sensors for the sliding doors still work with those installed?
My only concern would be the van body now sticks way out past the tires down low.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@Sully_375, my wife is disable and we had to buy the 2022 Pacifica because it was the only vehicle we found that she could get in/out of w/o running boards. Her issue was that most running boards did not allow her to get enough of her foot on them to support her weight on the ball of her foot instead of supporting her weight on just her toes.

Now she's having issues getting in/out of the sliding doors, but she can still get in/out of the front doors, so these steps look nice. Where did you get them, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts
In case Sully_375 doesn't respond, I found this item for a '22 Pacifica on the Mopar website. Temporarily discounted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In case Sully_375 doesn't respond, I found this item for a '22 Pacifica on the Mopar website. Temporarily discounted.
Thanks @PacificaMinivanFan! I noticed this comment, "These running boards are not compatible with vehicles equipped with Hands-free Sliding Doors (XZ3)." and my Pacifica is equipped with the hands-free sliding doors. I wonder if it just means that the sensor is blocked and therefor won't work, or if it will try to open the doors because it senses the running board? Or just flat out won't mount. I'd give up the hands-free opening feature.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts
Thanks @PacificaMinivanFan! I noticed this comment, "These running boards are not compatible with vehicles equipped with Hands-free Sliding Doors (XZ3)." and my Pacifica is equipped with the hands-free sliding doors. I wonder if it just means that the sensor is blocked and therefor won't work, or if it will try to open the doors because it senses the running board? Or just flat out won't mount. I'd give up the hands-free opening feature.
Perhaps someone smarter than me can answer this question. Anyone?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Perhaps someone smarter than me can answer this question. Anyone?
This is why, the running boards don’t have the sensor on them where you would activate the self opening door with your foot. You can probably still install but the set opening feature will not operate
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
280 Posts
This is why, the running boards don’t have the sensor on them where you would activate the self opening door with your foot. You can probably still install but the set opening feature will not operate
View attachment 50695
That's my guess too.....that feature wouldn't work anymore and/or they might block the sensor (when installed) and then it might show "sensor blocked" every time you start the car.
Just a guess though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks great i may consider a set myself as they look well designed and actually belong thereo
They stick out pretty wide when viewed from behind. Saw two today at a rest stop in way to FL.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's my guess too.....that feature wouldn't work anymore and/or they might block the sensor (when installed) and then it might show "sensor blocked" every time you start the car.
Just a guess though
It states that it that on the Mopar purchase site that it won't work
They stick out pretty wide when viewed from behind. Saw two today at a rest stop in way to FL.
Hmm? Well maybe not then lol. Too expensive anyway
Maybe not for me then! Kinda pricey too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It states that it that on the Mopar purchase site that it won't work

Hmm? Well maybe not then lol. Too expensive anyway

Maybe not for me then! Kinda pricey too.
Yeah I’m surprised at the amount as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts