2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the hood under warrant last year i thought i will be done with rust issue.
Just week ago i have noticed paint bubble at the bottom of sliding door, few days later paint chirped off. Other sliding door have paint bubble in door jam not even close to edge- far away from any road dirt. I think we( or Chrysler) have issue with aluminium quality.
Two local dealers are jerks. One told me that Chrysler only approves rust repair( no longer body panels replacement) and their independent body shop (one that did hood and did great job) refuses to do rust repair( because they can not stand behind it) so they send me on my own to find dealer which will deal with the problem. They would not take event take the claim officially so Chrysler corp can be notified.
Other dealer in the area, up front told in very arrogant way,that by mileage( 50k), car is out of warranty so it will not be covered. He actually said hat "if car would have less than 5k they would consider repair". I showed him 5 year unlimited miles corrosion warranty. he just arrogantly said " whatever, it will not be covered". Had to force him to take pictures and make official claim. Doubt he will run it officially through Chrysler Corporation based on his behavior.
Car is very well maintained- including paint.
It is unacceptable to have a rust on 2.5 year old car( very well maintained, washed frequently)
Love the car but cant stand rust.
Any advice how to handle situation?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you have a valid warranty it sure looks like it is lawyer time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am curious whether it is a common problem like with hood rust?.This is very hard to notice unless someone pays attentions to details while washing car or paint will chip off. And those bubbles on aluminum panels pop up out of nowhere.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I am curious whether it is a common problem like with hood rust?.This is very hard to notice unless someone pays attentions to details while washing car or paint will chip off. And those bubbles on aluminum panels pop up out of nowhere.
Hood corrosion is well documented. Is the first time on the Forum for corrosion on the sliding doors? Can you post any pictures?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts