2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
thanks bud. good here in my part of so-cal. but other places not too good. we get earthquakes, fires, and drought. what do ya'll get out in your state? :-/

·
Registered
199 Posts
thanks bud. good here in my part of so-cal. but other places not too good. we get earthquakes, fires, and drought. what do ya'll get out in your state? :-/
Wishing everyone the best as well. We get tornadoes, floods, and the occasional earthquakes too (thanks New Madrid), but rarely at the same time. I know you didn't ask me, sorry. :nerd:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not near any of the big fires but we did have a 300 acre fire knocking at our door. Thank you fire fighters for all your brave work.
I have see many videos of planes dropping fire retardant on fires, but is that an actual undoctored photo of the plane dropping fire retardant in that neighborhood ??? :surprise:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Florida? Heat and humidity. Don't laugh, I think that's what really killed the dinosaurs.
....and we also get....(hurricanes....shhh...didn't want to say that too loud)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have see many videos of planes dropping fire retardant on fires, but is that an actual undoctored photo of the plane dropping fire retardant in that neighborhood ??? :surprise:
Ya, that's a real unedited pic. There were two of those jets flying super close to the ground then going full power to pull up. Those pilots have some real big ones. There were 2 small sheriff choppers, one big sky crane chopper, 2 dozers and many ground crew. We dropped off some cases of beer at the local station to thank them for saving our houses.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, that's a real unedited pic. There were two of those jets flying super close to the ground then going full power to pull up. Those pilots have some real big ones. There were 2 small sheriff choppers, one big sky crane chopper, 2 dozers and many ground crew. We dropped off some cases of beer at the local station to thank them for saving our houses.
We have never had any fire damage but we have had some large fires around us in the past. Ash falling from the sky and the awful smell of smoke are two of my memories. Hope that you and others will stay safe and let's hope the fires will be put out VERY soon.

·
Registered
953 Posts
We got the absolute best lying, cheating, crooked politicians in the USA! Tornadoes we got also!

Note that we keep tripping over alligators when we go to Florida each winter. It's a minor inconvenience.

You folks in the hot zones of California, BE SAFE! My brother lives in Orange County, CA. He tells me no fires yet in his area, just desperate housewives. ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Webster, NY is a suburb just east of Rochester, NY and we can't complain about weather.
It seems the rest of the USA gets damaging weather where we can inconvenient weather.
We had 1 tornado 1936 very minor damage, earthquakes that measure 1 to 2 on the Richter scale maybe once every ten years.
We get 85 inches of snow per year! Sometimes it seems to come all at once. We also have ice storms which wreak havoc on trees and power lines.
Like I say inconvenient weather not damaging.
It seems all of western US is on fire.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers!
Stay safe!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know we have a lot of California Pacifica owners on the Forum. When I have seen a map of California and I see all the fire locations that seem to be all over the map, I hope and pray that everybody is OK...
I reluctantly bring up this thread again.
Seeing the images of the fires and destruction, it is hard to believe that it is happening again only worse...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I reluctantly bring up this thread again.
Seeing the images of the fires and destruction, it is hard to believe that it is happening again only worse...
Fine here, but we ended up going out of town last weekend (closer to the southern coastal fires) for a band competition. The Moorpark competition wasn't canceled, but the Oxnard one was canceled because of the fire and smoke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts